Bartering Advice

Does anyone have any experience in bartering? I would like to exchange my writing experience and skills for either goods or services, but I am not sure as the best way to proceed. Can anyone tell me how they started to practice bartering? I want to know both the upside and downside of bartering experiences, too. I have found that there is much to be gained by asking people with experience in any new walk of life that I would like to try. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you for your generosity.

Miss Michele from NYC

Answers:

Bartering Advice

This is a wonderful experience. Go directly to the store you would like to barter with and ask if they have a service you could provide for a certain item. You make the trade and enjoy. I have traded tatted earrings and wound up with some things I truly enjoy. (11/14/2005)

By Tedebear

Bartering Advice

Try Craigslist.com, it is a barter site. You can trade services for items or other services, and it has links for all major metro areas. My husband has done business trading computers for remote control airplane stuff and have checked out cheap cars, too. Just remember you "pay" for what you get, so be careful of the tradeoff. Most people are just trying to get what they need, and you can get some great deals if you keep your eyes open. (03/08/2006)

By camo_angels

Bartering Advice

I find it easy to barter and trade. You just need to decide what you want and call them and ask if they ever barter and trade and let them know what you have. I have done that several times. I once bought a small trail bike for $20 that needed a part. I bought the part for $10, put it on and repainted the bike.

Then I called a large lawn mower and chain saw business and asked if they ever did any bartering and trading. I told him what I needed. He asked what I had, and I told him a small trial bike. He said bring it in and let me take a look at it and asked me if it ran. He then said go back there on the back wall which was full of chain saws and pick out the one you want.

If you have a service, I would offer to do so much volunteer time, to get my skills up in that particular office work. This facilitates the change to that job. (10/28/2009)

By Gourdlady

Bartering Advice
bartering hand shake
Bartering for Goods and Services
Master gardener in a greenhouse.
Get Gardening Advice From a Master Gardener
Bathroom Tiles
Bathroom Tile Color Advice
A business suit with a white shirt and red tie.
Saving Money on Men's Suits
🎄