Beach Themed Centerpieces

Category Decorations
Whether for a party or to enhance your decor, a beach themed centerpiece is fun to make and can incorporate collected shells and other items. This is a guide about beach themed centerpieces.

Recently our family went on a rare vacation to the beach. I collected a lot of shells during that trip and wanted to keep them where I could see them. This is what I came up with.

I have moved this vase of shells around the house at different times to different locations. Right now its on an antique cabinet in my room.

Centerpieces don't need to be complicated. Just use what you have that you enjoy seeing. This display only took me about 5 minutes.

To make a simple centerpiece you will need: your favorite small items (such as buttons, beads, shells, flowers or flower petals, rocks, etc.) and a wide topped vase or bowl.

Put your items in the vase or bowl. To show off your collection, make sure your vase or bowl doesn't take away or overpower your collection.

I wanted to make a centerpiece for the island in my kitchen since I rarely use it for anything else other than placing my keys, wallet and other little things on it when I come home in the evenings. I love candles and the beach so I decided to do a seashore candle center piece.

I simply got a bamboo rug mat, a beaded table place mat and put that on top of the counter. Then I took a large glass bowl, filled the bottom with sand, placed some shells in it with a tea-light candle in the middle and then scattered a few large flat glass marbles around on the counter. It is simply gorgeous to look at when it's lit up in the evenings.

By David from Alabama

That really is darling and I bet so beautiful at nights! What a wonderful idea and so creative!!