Pet PagesPets

Beauty (Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler)

Beauty is a 5 year old (in human years) Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler). We adopted her from the King County adoption agency. My husband and son were really looking out for a cute Labrador, but as my husband walked past her kennel, their eyes met and she walked up to the front of the kennel and licked his hand. Wow, was he ever surprised. It was love at first sight! Needless to say, she became an immediate loved family member.

She loves to play catch with the tennis ball, and she runs like the wind to catch it in her mouth. She also is obsessed with chasing people that she sees walking past our house, when she is outside. Unfortunately we have a chain link fence, and she can see them as they walk past our home. I don't like her behavior, when she does this, but she is only protecting her family. She is totally loyal, a very hard worker, and she has brought so much joy to our family since we adopted her.

Click here for a look at her last year: Beauty

By Susie from Enumclaw, WA

This beautiful girl is a credit to her breed and when she runs along the fence line she is only doing what Australian cattle dogs are bred to do herd they herd the cattle then drop to the ground to miss the kicking back hooves. Love her for who she is.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Hi There Beauty! We have a little boy named Trouble, who is also an Australian Cattle Dog. I notice you are a little gal and I think our Trouble will be small too! I think they are toy cattle dogs! We have such fun with ours! He is always running and yipping! He is having a fun time and then he falls asleep right wherever he is that he gets worn out at! So adorable!

Reply Like this photo? Yes