Kathy from Baltimore
easy way to soften tortillas - wrap in a paper towel and microwave for about 30 sec. to a min. depending on the microwave. their soft with no grease.
When I make enchiladas I cheat - It saves time and tastes just as good. I have a 2 qt. size microwave pressure cooker.
1. Brown meat (beef or cut up cooked chicken) with a little taco seasoning.
2. put a little sauce in bottom of the pot.
3. I use unsoftened tortillas, broken in half.
4. Layer tortillas, chopped onions, meat, chili and/or refried beans, sometimes sliced mushrooms, cheese, and sauce.
5. Layer until the pot is about 2/3 full ending with sauce and cheese.
6. cover and microwave 10 minutes.
It doesn't look like enchiladas usually do, but it is quicker and tastes just as good. (03/30/2006)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!