Berry Fruit Salad

Category Fruit
Berry Fruit Salad
A fruit salad made from delicious summer berries is a wonderful seasonal dessert. This page contains a recipe for making berry fruit salad.

This simple salad is dressed with just two ingredients; honey and lime. It's my favorite salad to bring to summer potlucks and it is also wonderful as an ice cream topping.

Source: This is how my mother always made fruit salad when I was a child.

• 4 pt fresh strawberries
  • 2 pt fresh blueberries
  • 1 lime
  • 2-4 Tbsp honey

This version has fresh blueberries and strawberries but you can use this dressing with just about any kind of fruit. Be sure to try whatever is in season in your area.

1. Wash and sort through the fresh berries. I like to soak them in a bowl of water for a few minutes.
  2. Cut the strawberries into chunks of a similar size as the blueberries. Add both to a large bowl.
  3. Squeeze 1/2 lime over the top of the fruit and drizzle with honey, according to taste. Mix it all together and then add more lime or honey as desired. I usually use the entire lime and then add honey until it is just sweet enough, not too sweet.
  4. Ad
  5. You can serve immediately or refrigerate until it is time to serve. This salad develops better flavors over time but the strawberries get softer, so it is good to prepare the salad just a few hours before you serve it.
  6. Ad