Binding Carpet Remnants

How can I bind my carpet remnants myself?

Nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

Binding Carpet Remnants

I ve heard that some people use heavy weigh fishing line and a hook needle to do this. You would have to have very strong hands to pull it through and make it stay tight. When I worked at a floor store, we had to send them out because tt takes a very powerful machine to do this. There is this link that may help or you could check local floor covering stores to see if they offer something similar

Ad (11/14/2006)

By Brenda from Texas

About 6 years ago I bound a 'temporary' (haha) runner with black duct-tape around all 4 edges. It is a low-pile brown carpet. I had intentions to get a 'real' runner when it wore out. Well, it's still looking great, even with heavy foot traffic in our laundry room.

Uses for Carpet Remnants
Uses for Carpet Remnants
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Storing Carpet Remnants
Storing Carpet Remnants