Bingo Party Ideas

Category Party Themes
bingo balls, cards and marker
Bingo can be fun for all ages and an entertaining theme for a party. This is a guide about bingo party ideas.

Summer comes and goes much too quickly, but you can create a little excitement over heading back to the classroom. Take advantage of the great deals and throw a "back to School bingo" for your kids!I did this for my children and their friends years ago, and it was a lot of fun. I purchased crayons, markers, pencils, rulers, notebooks and other school essentials, most for a quarter or fifty cents, some for even less. (Our current Walgreens ad offers items for 9, 19 and 29 cents each!)

On party day, we covered a few card tables, put out a couple of bowls of M and Ms, and we were ready for our guests. We provided each child a paper grocery sack for their loot, and each bingo! scored a school supply of the winner's choice. About halfway through the event, we set up a sundae bar and the kids built their own ice cream sundaes. Each of our guests went home with a sack of items they needed to start the school year, and the kids had a great time for very little money!

By Karen from Elsberry, MO

I added candy kisses to a few centers when making a batch of cupcakes. The lucky winner who gets the cupcake with the candy kiss inside wins a prize!

I am often asked to bake cupcakes to sell at events, I am a part of, for fundraising. To increase profits at our latest library bingo event, I made I made two 'spiked' cupcakes per 36 cupcakes. The winners of the Candy Kiss Cupcakes each won 5 extra special bingo cards, which I paid for to also benefit the library.

It really added to the fun of the event but this could also be used at family get togethers and parties with some fun small prizes for the winners!

Total Time: 1 hour

• 1 boxed cake mix
  • 2 candy kisses, unwrapped
  • 1 store frosting

1. Just prep your boxed cake mix and put into paper cupcake cups. Add one candy kiss into the center of two, or however many cupcakes you would like to be "winners". Make sure the batter completely covers the candy kisses. Bake as directed.
  2. I made sure to frost my 'winning' cupcakes with vanilla frosting instead of the chocolate so the winner would be sure to notice it!

I kept my "spiked" cupcakes in a separate tray just so I knew which ones were the winners, and one for me to see how they turn out. I actually only had mini candy kisses so I used 3 per cupcake. They didn't fully melt either, which was good too.

I am planning an 80th birthday party for my mom. She loves to play Bingo. I am trying to figure our a cute way to make invitations with a bingo theme in mind. Does anyone have any ideas?

BSW from Coshocton, Oh

Print two bingo boards with the party info on the boards on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. Cut in half, fold, and daub some bingo ink on the fronts. Put in the envelopes, address, and mail them.

Look at your local thrift store for an old Bingo game and use the cardboard cards like postcard invitations. Draw a line down the center and put your info on one side and the recipient's address on the other. I would take them to the PO to make sure of the postage. Extra cards and some Bingo markers could be used as table decor or "party favors". Sounds like a lot of fun!

Use bingo cards as the invitation with the info on backside. Find the right size envelopes at staples or the equivalent store and send them out.

If you play bingo at your party, a fun way to end the games is play a game of Reverse Bingo:

REVERSE BINGO: Everyone is given a Bingo card. They all stand up while bingo numbers are called out. If one of the numbers on their card is called, they must sit down and the last one standing is the winner