Bird Cage Floral Display
My friend gave me a terrarium for my garden with cactus in it, this was a very harsh winter and the cacti died. I then took the bird cage and redid it to fit in my dining area.
Total Time: it took me about 3 hours
Yield: one cage
- 1 bird cage
- 1 small bag variegated moss from Hobby Lobby
- 1 bunch silk flowers of your color choice
- 1 bag hummingbirds
- 1 bag butterflies
- 1 9x9 inch piece of 2 inch square Styrofoam
- wood sticks various heights
- Cut the Styrofoam to fit the bottom of the bird cage and place inside.
- Cover the area with the variegated moss to cover the Styrofoam.
- Using the sticks you have selected in various lengths attach the hummingbird with a glue gun or by mean of wire wrapping to the sticks.
- Poke the sticks into the Styrofoam in a random manner.
- Add your flowers or foliage you have selected to enhance the garden.
- Add butterflies to the cage by means of glue or wire wrapping.
- Your garden cage is now ready to enjoy.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!