Birthday Cake Decorations for a Hunter

Category Birthday
If you have a hunter in your family they would love to have their birthday cake decorations be hunting themed. This is a guide about birthday cake decorations for a hunter.

My husband is a hunter and I saw a picture (on Pinterest) of cupcakes with shotguns shells made out of fondant on top of them. I am not good with fondant, so I was wondering what candies I could use to make them look like shot gun shells.

Best Answer

I would thoroughly wash some used shells and use them, after trying the fondant. You may want to try making your own marshmallow fondant vs using store bought as many pre-made fondants dry out quickly and are hard to work with.

Best Answer

You could use the large sized tootsie rolls

I would use any nut shell as the base and cover with fondant. Make sure you tell people not to eat it

Why not use a few real empty shells.

You could try making small cartridge bottoms from cardboard - cut a square of the size wanted, and gluing the sides together. A circle could provide the base. Cover this part with silver paint. Then the business part could be a torpedo shaped piece of marzipan, which should be easy to work with.

If you are not good at using fondant, I would suggest buying little plastic deer, rabbits, etc. at HobbyLobby or other craft supply store as toppers instead of shotgun shells.

You do not say what kind of hunter but I tend to agree that maybe looking in a crafts store or toy store for some of the small animal packages instead of trying to use bullets.

But - if you have your heart set on bullets - then maybe one of the other suggestions would work. Probably be a "hit" anyway you decide.