Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend Who Plays Music

My boyfriend of 2 years is turning 19 here in a couple of weeks. We are both very strong Christians, we met at a church conference through a mutual friend, and started dating shortly after meeting.

He lives in Nebraska, which is about 10 hours away from me, however he is moving to Illinois on the 20th to attend college at the christian university here.

Anyways, I have no idea what to get for him. Last summer my mom (a photographer) took some engagement style photos of us, just for fun, and then for his birthday I put together a book with all the pictures and had it press printed, and then wrote little notes and stories in the margins all around it. I want to do something equally as special and meaningful, especially since it's kind of a combined 2 year anniversary and 19th birthday present.

He loves music, plays guitar, and is teaching himself piano, and sings. So, any ideas of gifts would be greatly appreciated. I don't really have a budget in mind, though I would prefer not spending a ton of money, but anything you can think of is a possibility. Thanks a lot!

By Emily from Champaign, IL

If you sing, make him a recording of something you have sung. Are there any upcoming Christian concerts in the area that he would like to attend? Since he is starting college, perhaps get him a t-shirt from his college. Pack a nice picnic for two and eat in a park. I am happy to hear you are both strong Christians. (08/12/2010)

By garnetgirl9

Find out what his favorite old time hymn is, get that page out of a hymnal and have it framed. Make sure you date it and add a personal note in with the picture. Also, go to a music store, I'm sure they would have some great ideas too!
Good luck. (08/14/2010)

By sweetie6116

Woman giving her boyfriend a gift.
Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
boyfriend and girlfriend
Gift Ideas for Boyfriend's 19th Birthday
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend