Birthday Gift Ideas for Your Mom

Category Birthday
Choosing just the right birthday gift for your mom is not always easy. This is a guide about birthday gift ideas for your mom.

My mom is turning 46 tomorrow and I'm broke with ten bucks to spare. My mom, probably along with other moms, as well, says that she either doesn't want anything, or that she doesn't know what she wants. I need help.

The best gifts don't require money, as you see from the various / numerous responses to your inquiry, Phoebsters. Make something - anything - and I'm sure she'd be delighted. Promise yourself to tell her you love her once a week. Just think of all the ways you could make her life easier, not just on her birthday, but all year long. Do a load of laundry without being asked, or clean up the living room? Do the dishes and / or any household chores which she usually takes care of. If / when she asks "why?" You can say, each and every day, "Happy Birthday, Mom!"

My daughter got me something I loved for my birthday. She had a friend take a picture of her on the beach. she picked up little pieces of sand washed glass and a few shells and painted an inexpensive picture frame. She glued the glass and shells from the beach on the frame and added the picture. It turned out so cute! It will be my favorite for a long time. Cost less than $5.

Best birthday gift I ever got from my boys is a picture of the 2 of them in a nice frame that they hung on the wall for me.

My mom's bday is in 2 days, she is 44. I don't know what to get her. I'm 17. Dad walked out on us. My brothers go to visit him. I get her pjs every year and slippers, but I want to get her something different this year. I don't have much money either. Any suggestions?

By Jessica

Answer Was this helpful? 1

A great suggestion. Here's another. Print out, or do by hand on card stock, some coupons you can put in a book.

"Good for one car wash"

"Good for one back rub"

"Good for one day off to do anything or nothing"...you get the picture.

Read to her, wash the windows, clean something she can't...all good ways of telling her that you are there for her and will help whenever you can. And yes, fill a jar with little things she can take out when she is low that tell her how much she means to you.

She will cherish them for a lifetime. Guaranteed.

Sandi/PBP

A homemade card, a picture of you and your brothers, hugs, kisses and lots of love!

There are a lot of wonderful body or hand scrubs recipes on the internet that are easy and cheap to make. Can you make your mom a cake, too?

I have no idea what I should get my mom.

By Chris W.

I don't think you could go wrong with flowers.

A TRIP TO HAWII OR A WATER AND SHADER PROOF PHONE

No :-\

My mom's B-day is very soon and I have no idea what to get her. Also, I don't really have any money. I already have a card, but I really want to get something more. I wish I could make something that's doesn't take much time, money and is easy to make.

My mom's Birthday is on 9th of July, so please help.

Mayah

Answer Was this helpful? 2

I know this is a little out of reach for someone who isn't artistic, but I used old metal hangars and bent them all together in the shape of a tree and put green paperclips to the edge of 6 different branches (6 members of the family) and put pictures of the family on it. She loved it! It's sitting on her desk at school and she is always saying its great because it reminds her of her family that she loves so much.

Make her breakfast in bed like when she goes to the grocery store tell her we need this we need that and then make the breakfast for her and unplug her alarm clock or set your alarm clock.

Well on her birthday you can do stuff from our mind and help her. Do not make her mad or you do not get mad at her. Make that everyday edit the house when she is at work with string, paper, scissors, and tape than start editing bye from: Mohammad

My mom's 39th birthday is in the 2nd week of January and I don't know what to get her! I have about 400 RMB (Chinese money) (I know it's not much because I just moved to China).

By Hiba A.

Most Moms are more about knowing that you are happy and love them than things. She knows you just moved and that money is tight. A gift that would mean a lot would be a simple but nice journal that you fill with memories of fun times and all the times she "got it right". It's very hard to be a mom, and we mess it up often.

We don't hear about the good stuff often enough. I know I would love to receive this. Give each page a small sentence or paragraph. It will make you both cry - but those are the good tears and I guarantee she will keep it forever. You can make it as simple or as artistic as you like.

I just answered the one about your dad and your mom, too. I got her age wrong but if you say the same thing on each shirt, how cute would that be!

As a mom, I always liked it when my kids gave me perfume. I also gave some suggestions for your dad, and most of those are good for a mom, too. I also love earrings, and I think you can't go wrong with earrings that you like for a mom who wears many different kinds of earrings.

If you are crafty, you might make something, or you might be able to get photos of the family from when you were little, and frame them - either in a frame for multiple photos, or as a collage in a large frame. I don't know what there might be for thrift shops in China, but here in Canada, I buy most of my frames from thrift shops for 1/10 the price you would pay in a store.

My mother is coming 42 on May 5, 2014. Actually we're just poor. She doesn't like any spa, make-ups, and any fashionistic things.

We're just living in a very simple life. She is a farmer honestly. And I don't know what to give to her. I really don't have an idea. Can you guys help me?

By Grace

Think of the things she does like but can't afford, then make her some "coupons" that you and her friends/family can provide. If she loves to plant flowers but can't, offer a coupon for one whole day of planting flowers...or if she wants a nice afghan for the cold weather coming, have someone or someones make a square a week then put them together.

Can she still clean the windows? If not, someone can make a coupon for that. Does she love Italian food but can't afford it? Do any of her friends want to make her a dish a month for a year? How about a hug a day? A nice massage? Does the car need to be washed? Offer to photo graph the belongings in the house in case of a disaster?

There are always things we can do that can be made into coupons that she can "redeem" when needed. I hope that helped.

PBP

As a poor mom myself (my income not my parenting) I would suggest something simple. Make her her favorite dinner or dessert. Get a movie from the library that she loves or has wanted to see and watch it with her. Clean up the dishes,bathroom,laundry etc as a surprise for her. Write her a heartfelt letter. Make a collage of old pictures of you and her. It is really the simple thins that mean the most.

Write her a love letter!

My mom's birthday is coming up and I don't know what to give her, but the good thing is I saved up my money. I have 412$; anyone want to give some suggestions?

By Hailey from Spring, TX

By now your mother probably has more "stuff" than places to put it. You can buy her a cheap $300 - $400 laptop online, and set up Skype for her. Nowadays almost all laptops have web cams built in, and with Skype she can video chat with family and friends for free. Skype is free.

The ability to do that will mean a lot more to her than any material goods. Setting it up is easy, and you can rig it so that it automatically starts, and all she has to do is select the person she wants to chat with.

This year you can set her up with a $10 head set, next year give her a desk microphone and a set of speakers (or connect a speaker cable to her home stereo), so that she can continue chatting while working in the kitchen. When I see how my father lights up, when I skype him at his breakfast table 8 time zones away from here, I know that there is no better gift than giving the ability to communicate.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http:// webby.com/humor/blog

You've had some pretty good ideas, overall. Here's my two cents:

I don't know what your mom's income bracket is, so I hope I don't offend. The amount you named would pay one major bill (like mortgage or rent), or most of it. For me personally, that amount would also pay several smaller bills. (I'm thinking phone, electric and gas; we're on the percentage plan.) Of course, you'd need the information like to whom to write the check, payment address, etc, so it would be difficult to do it secretly.

On a smaller scale, my younger daughter and her hubby took us grocery shopping for Christmas a couple of years ago. We chose the food within the dollar amount they could spend, and they paid. Given your budget, you could stock Mom up on her favorite "luxury" foods, all the non-food items, etc, for some time. If you want time together, a day spa or mini-vacation together would be great.

What I asked for and got last year was the gift of time. My two daughters and one daughter-in-law and I all went to an inexpensive restaurant for lunch and enjoyed each other's company. Then we went back to my daughter-in-law's and put on a video. Of course, we spent more time playing with my grandson than watching the movie, but that's beside the point.

Last but not least, I love to window-shop at MaxiAids.com, which has adaptive tools for blind, deaf and mobility-impaired folks. I'd shop rather than window-shop if I could. I'm waiting for my next generous friend or family member to send me a gift certificate so I can get some things I need without paying out-of-pocket when I can't spare the cash.

Hope I've been of some help. Happy birthday to your mom!

What I want from my sons for my birthday or Christmas is a Roomba. I detest vacuuming, and we have 2 cats, so there is lots to clean. I do also have a lovely Dyson vacuum, but it doesn't push itself! Another gift I love is perfume. You wouldn't spend $400 on that, but it is a delightful gift.

If you are prepared to spend all that amount, what about a mother/daughter outing, take in a concert & supper at a fancy restaurant, a mom/daughter day at a spa getting massages and manicures, or go shopping for clothes with mom to her favorite store, you can buy an outfit and then do lunch. If I had a daughter, I'd love to do those things.

My mother's birthday is next month. I have about 5 thousand Indian rupees. (My grandmother has a lot of money she can give, how much ever I want.) Money is not a problem.

A little about my mother: she is not interested to go to the spa, she hates jewelery like anything. She is on a diet so she doesn't like chocolates, is totally not interested in flowers and pictures.
I am buying her a cake. I thought of buying her a new pair of shoes and a set of chudies (an Indian dress). Does anyone have any ideas? (Her birthday is on May 4th 2011) and date of submission is 6th April 2011.
Cheers!

By Riya from Karanataka, India

It is difficult without knowing your mother's age. Does she have any hobbies that you could contribute to? Other possibilities are tickets to a play or movie, a DVD of her favorite movie, or a CD of her favorite group. Books are good as are puzzles. Does she like make-up? An out-of-season favorite fruit would be nice. Perfume, lotions, scarves, and as Deeli said, your self and time, spending the day with her.

I'm not familiar with Indian customs or what may or may not be available, so I hope I've mentioned some things that are available.

I always think just plain old time between a mother and daughter is vital, no matter what the age, religion or culture. Think of what just the two of you can do together and since money is not an object, I'd think of tickets somewhere for the two of you. You can both get all dressed up and look terrific. Is there a play or music you both can enjoy? Is getting your hair done acceptable to you both? Can it be done together if you make the appointment somewhere?

You sure know what your mom doesn't like-what does she like? Everyone likes something! How about a set of homemade coupons, 1 per month with things like a movie or play or concert, a trip to a botanical garden or zoo, a favorite dish she likes home-cooked by you, a lunch out, car wash or detail (if she drives), etc. a new book.

My mum's birthday is very close by and I don't know what to get her! My money limit is $10 - 20.

By Shruti

You could frame some pictures of you(and your siblings if you have any) I made four posters once, with one letter on each, L O V E. I made them in really cool designs then took 4 pictures of me holding each letter then framed the pictures and gave it to her and she loved it. If your not artsy then you could find cool letters on Google and print them out.

Anonymous

One thing you could do is make her a cake behind her back then give it to her.

one thing you could do is make her a cake behind her back then give it to her. :)

My mom's birthday is tomorrow, and I couldn't sneak a present for her from the mall because my brothers made her angry and we had to leave right that second. I have no other way to get her a gift now! Not even a simple birthday card. What should I do?

By Dalia S.

Make coupons to give her saying you will do certain chores for her when asked, and not pout about it.

Excellent answer!

My mum's birthday is tomorrow. My dad has travelled this Thursday and I don't know what to do. I don't have a gift and I can't get out of the house to get one. What shall I do instead?

There are so many unique ideas for a gift:

Give your mother special "coupons"-these are from you-cut pieces of paper (any type & color, etc.), write a message on each piece paper guarenteeing something (for example) that you will complete each "coupon" with no hassle:

*clean your room or another room

*wash dishes and clean kitchen

*laundry

*grocery shopping

*Other ideas-think of what your mother would like but would not ask-special dinner, day at a spa or nails, etc., take care of siblings or other requirements and give your Mother the day or weekend off, etc...

You can be very creative and think of many wonderful things your mother would like to do!

My mom's birthday is around the corner and I still don't have somthing fo her!

Load More