Birthday Party Games

I already have theme for my 11th b-day party but I need to know some FUN party games to do once we get home from the murder mystery restaurant we are going to. If you have any ideas that go with the theme that would be great but I'm open to all suggestions.

Sarah from GA

Answers:

Guesstures

Party games are crucial and need to involve everyone so no one gets left out. Guesstures is a fun ice breaker game for every type of crowd. It's a lotalot like charades. Or you could have a scavenger hunt (always a hit). I hope this helped, good luck! (05/12/2005)

By Amy

Card Game With Gifts

I have a game that is good for any occasion, birthdays, showers, etc. Go to the dollar store and buy five or six inexpensive gifts appropriate for the occasion and one gag gift. Wrap them all up and set them in the middle of a table or a pile on the floor.

Have everyone sit in a circle around the gifts. You will need two decks of playing cards. Deal one deck one at a time to the people sitting around the gifts, it's okay if some get more cards.

You take the second deck of cards and start calling the cards out. For example the first card is the J of Diamonds, the person sitting around the gifts with the Jack goes to the pile of gifts, sets the card down and takes one of the gifts. DON'T OPEN IT.

Keep calling the cards, when all of the gifts are gone the next card you call, the person who has that card takes one of the gifts from anyone who already has one, this goes on till you have called all of the cards and whoever has gifts can now open them.

Someone might end up with 2 or 3 gifts depending on the cards they have. This is a lot of fun at a bridal shower lots of women, lots of laughter. The one I had I wrapped up a roll of toilet paper as the gag gift, it was the biggest one so of course everyone want to "steal" that gift.

For a thirteen year old, if it's a girl, you could get stuff like lip gloss, scented candles, the dollars stores have cool jewelry, etc. This game can go as fast or as slow as you want, let the kids have fun. (10/17/2005)

By PICO

Birthday Party Games

I like to have a variety of games and a prize or two for the winners. For prizes, I go to the dollar store and grab things that make cute prizes like scented soap with a sponge, mini-photo albums, stationary ,chocolate candies, girly items wrapped in pink and for boys I'd wrap in a blue candy, mini basketball with over trash basket, water guns, humor prank toys and for some reason they love and find funny is the giant calculator.

For Games: It's a tradition for me to make a crossword game which you can personalize and print out online for free at mycrosswordmaker or puzzlemaker.com The category would be about the birthday boy or girl. For example, I would ask what is Mikayla's Grandfather's nick name? The people who know her best would have the advantage of winning or the fastest people to go around and ask, which is a fun way for people to meet and mingle the family members.

Then I'd have other games like I would draw a treasure map (I like to go all out by drawing out the property lot with directions on how to go about N, E, S, W and number of steps... Then I crumble, and IRON the map to create an old look with little browning and burn holes! For the treasure they're looking for I use a small item like a little locket with my daughter's picture in it.

I also like to play charades. Freeze dance is also fun. Then some games that are simple like throw the ping-pong ball on the basket or if it is a babyshower throw diaper in trash which female seem 2 score more then men!

Blindfold dress-up. Where you can't see what you are putting on and how. This is fun for boys and girls.

All these games can be played without having to really purchase anything other than the prizes. The more creative you get with games the more fun they are.

Well Hope You Enjoy! (10/18/2005)

By mcgyver408

Broom Dance

A good ice breaker for those too shy to start a dance is the "Broom Dance." Your child has to be willing to start it. Here's how it goes: Announce the rules to the game before you begin the music. Start the music, your child dances with the broom first (it could be for one second only); then your child asks one of her guests to dance and passes the broom to a guest of her choice. That guest has to dance with the broom for as long as he or she wants then chooses another guest to dance and passes the broom. This will get everyone dancing faster then you could ever believe. The last one with the broom gets a prize. (10/27/2005)

By Joanne

Find the Bubble Gum

A good game is to take a couple plates and fill them with whipcream. Then put a piece of bubble gum in the middle without using your hands the players will have to stick their face in the plate and find the bubble gum. Whoever finds the gum first and blows a bubble wins a prize. But, to twist it around a bit but a jelly bean or straburst in the whipcream too so it will make it harder! have fun (03/10/2006)

By Cheyenne

I have some games for you.

Some fun ones are:

• Volleyball
  • Fortune teller: You have a bag for husband or wife, cars, houses, number of kids it is a lot of fun when you have everyone play it.
  • Capture the flag
  • Best PJ's: Vote for the pair you like the most)
  • Who am I?: You take a sticky note write down a name of famous person and stick it on their forehead and the ask Q's one at a time in a circle and see if you can figure out who you are.
  • Water balloon fight
  • Fear factor: You mix up really gross foods but nothing that people are allergic to and see who can have it but make sure that it is not so gross that someone throws up from it.
  • Murder Mystery game: You have a basket full of W's for witnesses 1 M for Murderer and 1 D for detective. The detective goes away and then the murderer kills someone and the detective comes back after the murderer has struck and the detective asks questions of people and tries to find out who did it.
  • Scavenger Hunt
  • Water Balloon toss
  • Fooseball
  • Ugly contest: See who can make themselves the ugliest or the funniest with makeup and clothes.
  • Talent show
  • Quarters: You take a cup full of pop and you try to fling a quarter into it and you get 5 tries and if you miss it the person on the left side of you has to chug the pop.
  • Shave the balloon
  • Blindfolded balloon hunt: Put water filled balloons in your yard and put candy inside those balloons and people can't use their hands. They have to use their feet and if they pop the balloon then they get the candy inside. They have to find the candy with the blind fold still on.

Well that is all that I have and I hope that I have helped you, you can use this for a guy or girls party (07/21/2006)

By Rach

Birthday Party Games
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Saving Money on Video Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Woman playing Wii
Saving Money on Wii Games
Hosting a March Madness Party, Basketball Going Through Hoop
Hosting a March Madness Party
🎄