Birthday Party Games

I need ideas for party games for my son's 6th birthday party in May. We own a campground, so I would like to have a weenie roast and make s'mores, etc. There would probably be about 16-18 kids. Everyone in his class that has had a party has invited the entire class. I could get 2 or 3 teens and 10 and 11 year olds to help.

We don't have a pool (just ponds). The kids could ride pedal carts or paddle boats. We have a game room, but I don't think I want the kids spending their time in there. Perhaps a scavenger hunt? I could get a clown. Perhaps a bouncy castle? Don't want to go too extravagant. Thanks for help.

Sandy from Stoughton, WI

Answers:

Birthday Party Games

How about some of the old fashioned games that people use to play at picnics. Have a sack race. Do you have a theme for this party? Since you want to roast hot dogs and s'mores why not have an egg and spoon race and for 6 year olds why not a pinata? Hope he has a wonderful birthday and remember they will remember the fun more than any "fancy" entertainment you provide. (02/16/2007)

By Debra in CO

Birthday Party Games

These come to mind: a nature scavenger hunt for things like a straight stick, the crookedest stick, a bird feather, a 4 leaf clover, a live worm, a tadpole (live) or the like. A water balloon toss game is fun, offer a prize after for the kid who picks up the most broken balloon pieces, too. How about potting some plants or cuttings as a favor. They could decorate flowerpots as a craft. Stick with an outdoor and nature theme, or an ecology theme to make use of the campground. How about a sing-a-long, maybe skits? (02/16/2007)

By

Birthday Party Games

I used to be a girl scout leader and a great outdoors game is Mr. Bear. Someone acts like he is a bear in hibernation and the kids sneak up on him whispering "Are you sleeping Mr. Bear?". The closer they get the louder they get until they wake up Mr. Bear and he chases them. Whoever he tags becomes his cub and has to help him tag all the other kids until everyone is tagged. He and his cubs go back to the cave over and over until everyone is caught. The kids take turns being Mr.Bear. It gets very loud and they need plenty of room to run. Young kids really enjoy it. (02/18/2007)

By marilynupright

Birthday Party Games
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Saving Money on Video Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Woman playing Wii
Saving Money on Wii Games
Hosting a March Madness Party, Basketball Going Through Hoop
Hosting a March Madness Party
🎉
🎄