Bissell Steam Mop Made My Wood Floors Look Cloudy

I just steam cleaned my wood floors with the Bissell Steam Mop and my floors have turned cloudy and look dirty. Any ideas out there to fix this? Bissell had nothing.

Laura from Lakeland, LA

Answers:

Could it be that the steam lightened up the wax on the floor? It should go back to clear when dry. (04/30/2007)

By Diamondee

I think it is buildup on your floors from the Orange Glow. I used to use this and would get cloudy "areas" whenever I got water on the floors. I ended up having to strip the floors by hand with vinegar and water scrubbing with Teflon scrub sponge, big job, but I'm happy now.

Now I use my steam mop and love it, no chemicals no buildup. I used to like the look of the "shine" from the Orange Glow, but now I realize the original finish of my floors looks great without the buildup. (01/09/2009)

By Jenny

Steam Mop
Using a Steam Mop
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
🎉
🎄