Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

I wondering which company has the best carpet shampooer; Bissell or Hoover?

Connie from West Kingston, RI

Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

Have you checked Consumer Reports? (03/05/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

I think it's a matter of personal preference. I have owned and used both. I prefer the Hoover. (03/06/2008)

By cla7186

Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners

I have had a 69.99 dollar Bissell for ten years, am just now thinking I should buy a new one. I really think it's more what solution you clean with. I had a Hoover before my Bissell with the five rotating brushes, it was big, bulky, and awkward. I didn't care for it, so I gave it to a friend and bought the Bissell. I use a drop or two of mild dish soap water and a good amount of vinegar. No matter which machine I used, I still have to go back and forth on stubborn stains, etc. (03/07/2008)

Bissell vs. Hoover Carpet Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Hoover Carpet Cleaner
Repairing a Hoover Carpet Cleaner