Black Ants In My House

I have big black ants that are invading the inside of my rented house. How do I get rid of them?

Chalida from Celina, OH

Answers:

Black Ants In My House

Go to the hardware store and get some Terro. That stuff works great. (07/17/2006)

By Roger

Black Ants In My House

I too live in an apartment (second floor) and had just that problem last summer. In my case the ants were coming in the balcony door. So find where your ants are coming in and sprinkle a thick line of talcum powder, the ants can't cross the powder as it clogs up their bodies. It worked for me.
(07/19/2006)

By Ellie

Black Ants In My House

If you do not have any house pets that freely roam your home, sprinkle boric acid along the base boards and in any floor crevices. Also, rub Vapor Rub (i.e. Vicks) on the doorways and windows. I'm not sure which specific ingredient in the Vapor Rub repels the ants, but I've been doing this with our outside pet's food dish and it's worked like a charm for the past 2 years. Wipe down your counter top and fridge with vinegar. Use vinegar for the floors too, 1/2 cup vinegar for 1 gallon of water. (07/24/2006)

By linex_4