Black Cat Photos and Information

Category Cats
Black Cat
Often considered bad luck, these beautiful cats are still in abundance at shelters and often the last to be adopted. This is a guide about black cat photos and information.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Romeo is a 2 year old domestic mix kitty. He was born in my daughter's basement, while we were finishing it (a remodel). He loved noise and power tools. As soon as he was big enough to walk, he was under our feet. I would pick him up to take him back to his MOM and other kitties, he would come right back to the noise and action. I said ,'BOY, you rome all the time, I am gonna call you Romey, and it turned to Romeo.

We fell in love with each other, and ROMEO, came to live with me at 8 weeks old. Years later, he is still my sweet kitty. Strange for I love dogs mostly? I have a 5 year old Mountain Feist. Sienna and Romeo go everywhere together; go out to potty and hunt, back in to sleep the night.

I have an island work station in my kitchen. Romeo loves for me to bring a wooden bar stool to it. He immediately jumps up on it to watch. He never gets on the island or counters, just watches me. I keep the bar stools away from the kitchen until needed. So, needless to say, I tell company "if you are going to use the bar stools, get on it quick, or ROMEO beats you to it." he-ha

I have a sign on my front steps, that says "BEWARE OF THE DOG AND DON'T TRUST THE CAT!" Though my dog is a great guard dog and does not allow anything in the yard, Romeo runs other dogs off faster than the dog.

By debba1347 from Sevierville, TN

Romeo (Black Cat) on a couch

Comment Like this photo? 12

Tony is 15 years old. He was adopted from a no-kill shelter near Boston about 14 1/2 years ago. At his age, he likes to eat good homemade food and snuggle up for cuddles.

He's a great cat. After two years, he is finally tolerating the dog. He loves head scratches and being brushed.

By SusanM

Comment Like this photo? 9

This is Mama Katt. She is a very sweet, lovable cat my bandmates and I adopted a few years ago. Over the years, she's become our recording studio's guard dog. Here she is, sharpening her claws, in pounce mode at the front gates. Look what she's done to that wood!

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

Black and brown cat scratching wood fence

Comment Like this photo? 10

Panther is a 6 year old cat. We adopted him from a family who had too many cats. He likes to sleep, play with his neighbor cat, and cuddle. He had leukemia for awhile, but luckily, he survived, and is now very happy and healthy :)

By Becca from Bellflower, CA

Closeup of Panther the Cat

Comment Like this photo? 9

Hoku is a 7 year old black cat. Though we have 8 cats, and love them all dearly, Hoku is my special boy. He'll follow me around the house like a shadow, and will leap up into my arms when asked to. He also gives the best hugs, wrapping his paws around my neck and giving me a good head rub on the cheek.

As you can see, Hoku likes to share my space, even when I'm crocheting. He never goes for my yarn, he just wants to be near, which is fine with me. That's what friends are for!

By Maile

a black cat with yarn wrapped around his head

Comment Like this photo? 8

This sweet black kitten has no name yet but lots of personality! He or she is one of our fosters that we took in a couple of days ago, in a group of four kittens. This was a picture I snapped because he or she had such an adorable expression. I love kittens, they are so full of personality and love.

Black Kitten - kitten in crate

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Jeremiah is 1 year old and a Black American Shorthair cat. Jerry was a drop-off of sorts. He needed a home, and we had the space. He was just a tiny kitten, and he was no bigger than the palm of your hand when I first saw him. My, how he has grown!

Jeremiah (Black American Shorthair Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

I believe he was named Lucky because all 6 kittens and his mom were found right under a HWY bridge. And I mean up in the cement railings when (luckily) a young couple heard them and rescued them!

closeup of Peanut

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

On 4/10/2011, a friend of ours called and told he had a baby kitten. He said the mama cat had been killed by a tractor and asked if we wanted her. And she has been a blessing ever since.

black cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Knopel is 5 years old. She was given to me by a relative. She likes to walk with me, sleep with me. She waits patiently for me to come home. She can identify the sound my car's motor makes. She is very affectionate and mother like to my other Persian cat Lilliputt!

black cat portrait

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Cleo will be 1 year old on Mother's Day. The mother of Cleo (a stray) had a litter of kittens on Mother's Day last year and Cleo was the runt. We tried to find homes for them but when it came time to let Cleo go, I couldn't.

Cleo The Mother's Day Cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Smokey is a 2 1/2 year old stray black cat. I got him last summer. He lives to eat and play, in that order! Mister Smokey Smokerson is the joy of our lives! We were looking for a "mouser" at the same time fools moved out and left him in the parking lot of my daughters apartment complex

Smokey (Black Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Merlin is 1 1/2 years old. He is a black domestic cat. I got him from a friend at work who took in a stray that had kittens.

Merlin (Black Domestic Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

This is our new foster kitten, Asa. She loves to sleep in the fluffy black blanket. It is easy to overlook her because she just blends in with it so well. She is a beautiful all black kitten.

Asa (Black Kitten) in a black blanket

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

We got our cat from a friend last year (2014). My cat likes to nap and groom himself. His favorite treat is turkey and he loves to watch out the window.

black cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Toothless and his brother Torch (both names from "How to Train Your Dragon" TV show) were found as 6-week-old kittens in a McDonald's parking lot on a rainy cold October day. They were vetted, neutered, and now enjoy life on our farm as mousers and pets.

Toothless a black cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Picture of a beautiful black cat.

Blackie (Black Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes