How do you get soot from ceilings and walls off after a kitchen grease fire? I have tried the commercial cleaner with no luck, and also tried Mr. Clean and ammonia. Please help.
By Susan from Hamilton, ON
I would wash the walls and ceiling with TSP, which is available in hardware stores, then paint the walls and ceiling. (03/25/2009)
I'm commenting on 2 different people's questions here. If the black marks are from a fire, try making a paste of baking soda and water. Use a soft washcloth to clean it off.
I agree with the person who said the candles burning may be covering up the smell of mold. I go to a lot of estate sales, so I've been in lots of people's homes. You'd be surprised by the number of people who have problems with mold. Make sure there is good drainage around your house to prevent mold. Never buy a house with a mold problem. There may be mold in the walls and other areas you can't clean. Bleach kills mold. (03/27/2009)
By Scooter 2
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!