Bleach Stains on Clothing

I have a few dark shirts,1 purple, 1 black, and 3 brown, that are ruined by bleach. The purple one by hair coloring at a shop. I have tried to dye them with Rit in a dark brown. This did not work! How can I fix these shirts? I love the way they fit me and the style. I thought about tie dyeing, but don't know how to do this. Please help. Thanks!

By Rose from Geneva, NY

Answers:

Bleach Stains on Clothing

I spilled bleach on a t-shirt. Could not re dye it. So I picked up fabric paint at the craft store and a cheap foam stamp and had some fun. Now it is one of my favorite t-shirts! (09/22/2010)

By jbgirl

Bleach Stains on Clothing

Here's a four page tie dyeing instructions link that has sub links with more info, photos, and designs:

http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/tiedye/a/041601a.htm

After you dye be sure to rinse and then soak the t's in water and distilled vinegar mixture for awhile before washing. It will help set the color. Be sure to always wash in cold water thereafter ;-) If you want to 'lift dye' rather than 'deposit dye', try a dye remover first because bleach is really harsh and can ruin some fabrics. Plus I hate bleach because it's bad for lungs, health, and environment ;-) LOL! (09/24/2010)

By Deeli

Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains On Clothing
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🎉
🎄