Bleach Stains on Formica

I have bleach stains (rings) on my dark green Formica countertops. What can I do to remove them?

Sueboo From Jackson, MS

Bleach Stains on Formica

I have an old '50s Formica countertop, white with metallic flecks (you remember those, right.) I must admit that I am very careless with it and get all kinds of stains from craft projects, including Rit Dye, and Clorox Cleanup always gets rid of them. It's my favorite cleaning product for kitchen and bath. (10/23/2006)

By Claudia-MD

Bleach Stains on Formica

I have used everything from Lemon juice to vinegar to Tide stain remover to Shout to Oxi-clean. I could not find anything until I read that someone used Super Iron Out multi purpose rust stain remover. Believe me it really did work. It comes in a powdered form, I believe I got it at the dollar store. I poured the powder on the stain THEN I added the water, let it set for a short time and the crystal will turn to an orange color, then just wipe away and the stain is gone. They do have a web site listed on the back of the bottle.
Hope it works for ya'll like it did me. (11/01/2006)

By dawn

HELP! Big ugly stains on Formica

Hey everyone,

I have sort of a problem here. I had a lovely blue candle sitting on my Formica counter top and after I picked it up I noticed a nice blue ring (from the wax's dye) sitting on the counter. I've tried a few products on it- don't worry, I know that bleach and Formica don't get along so I'm not doing that one- but does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to get rid of the stains? I have to get rid of them or I don't get my apartment deposit back! (03/11/2007)

By Melissa

Bleach Stains on Formica

The RUST OUT worked on terrible stains caused by me using bleach on Formica. I tried the lemon juice but it only "muted" the stain. I sprinkled the RUST OUT on the stains and rubbed with a damp paper towel. The stains were gone.
Thank you for the great tip! (05/14/2007)

By Patrice

Bleach Stains on Formica

The hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and vinegar works like magic. (06/25/2008)

By ann

Bleach Stains on Formica

I have an orange Formica countertop which unfortunately has a stain on it from a bottle of cleaning solution being tipped over in the middle of the night. I now have a light orange color instead of a bright orange color. I have tried using a sharpie which isn't working and am currently trying to use an orange acrylic paint - which doesn't look promising. Any suggestions on how I can turn the light orange back to bright orange? (06/30/2008)

By College Student

Bottle of Clorox bleach.
Repairing Bleach Stains on Formica
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub