Bleach Turned White Shirts Pink

I have 6 poly/cotton white shirts that turned pink after applying bleach to yellow staining from sunscreen. What can I do to rescue the situation? I can't believe I've ruined 6 shirts.

Try soaking the shirts overnight in a 5-gallon pail filled with the hottest tap water you have. Add 2T each hydrogen peroxide and powdered dishwashing detergent. Wash as usual the next morning.

There is a chemical reaction between the chlorine and sunscreen. Per thread you are not alone - http://www.styl  pink-suggestions

On recommend there said, try soaking your shirts in bleach for longer.

You could also wear the pink shirts for around the house or as pajamas too if it does not work out.

Anonymous

After internet search I tried 3 different cures, lemon juice, vinegar and washing soda I soaked 3 pink shirts overnight and then washed again none of the treatments made any difference oops. I will try the dish washer powder and keep you posted

I have always put my whites in a solution of bleach & warm water but today my top has gone pink I do know that it also happens with flash spray with bleach but it's all recently been happening?

i am so grateful for your help

I used bleach to brighten up my white Bras low and behold they came out bright pink and white I googled [Mr Google I love what you can find on it ] and your site appealed to me. I have done what you said to to with the bleach WOW i now have my beautiful white Bra's again

Thank you so very much am so grateful kindest regards Jeanette