Blended Watermelon Recipe

Category Fruit
Blended Watermelon Recipe
Make a delicious, refreshing summertime drink by blending up some watermelon. This is a guide about blended watermelon recipe.

My favorite summertime fruit is watermelon. I felt creative the other day and thought what would happen if I threw watermelon in my blender with ice?

You will say "WOW" too! Add a little lime on the side and you will feel like you are in the tropics! :)

• 1/2 watermelon
  • ice cubes, about 6
  • 1 fresh lime
  • 1 1/2 cup (optional) seltzer water or flavored seltzer water
  • (optional) your favorite liquor

1. Cut the watermelon in half. Cover 1/2 with plastic and refrigerate.
  2. Using a 10 speed blender, put six ice cubes in the bottom.
  3. Using a large spoon, put 6 large scoops of watermelon into the blender.
  4. Pulse with the ice crusher button first. You sometimes have to give it a stir with a long handled spoon. When the ice gets crushed, the watermelon starts getting pureed. Only let this puree for 30 seconds.
  5. Ad
  6. Add lime if you like. I cut my lime in 8 slices. 4 of the slices, I peel the rind off and put the lime into the drink and turn the blender on high for just seconds.
  7. If you like your drink to have a bubbly effect, you can add plain or flavored seltzer water. Just stir it in.
  8. Pour this in clear tall glasses. As a nice touch, put a split in the center of a lime and it helps it sit right on the edge of the glass. Also for looks, take a few strips of lime rind, twist them and lay them across the top of the drink. Top it off with a colorful straw.
  9. Ad

I live alone, and when I buy a watermelon, I usually share it with friends because I cannot possibly finish it before it spoils. But I will have to tell my friends to buy their own because I am keeping mine for this refreshing drink. And since it calls for ice cubes, I intend to scoop some out and put it in the freezer. If that works, I will have this delicious drink often. I added a little lime juice, and about a dozen small fresh peppermint leaves. Used my Ninja to whirl it up. Delicious!

Harlean from Arkansas

Do you have to take the seeds out of the watermelon before you make this drink? Or do you just blend them in as well?

Anonymous

Sounds great... Watermelon is great at cleansing the kidneys