Blister Inside My Mouth

I have a really bad blister or something on the inside of my lip. It hurts like a cut, but looks like a blister of some sort. Does anyone have any idea what it is, and how to get rid of it soon?

Chloe from California

Answers:

Blister Inside My Mouth

It sounds like a canker sore. There's really nothing that you can do about them, but wait them out. They can be really painful. As usual, they're the body's way of telling you that it is fighting something. Try to avoid things that irritate them, rinse with salt water, be careful not to poke them when you brush your teeth, etc. I've heard that they can be contagious, but I'm not sure. (01/04/2006)

By susanmajp

Blister Inside My Mouth

Try blotting with a tissue. Apply Blistex, or hold plain (not flavored or sugared) yogurt n your mouth for two or three minutes a couple of times a day. (01/04/2006)

Blister Inside My Mouth

How about Chloraseptic spray? (01/04/2006)

By flower51

Blister Inside My Mouth

I used to have those. No more! I use only Squigle Toothpaste, a recommendation from my dentist of probably 40 years (now father and son practice together). It does not contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), an irritating ingredient which plays a role in bad breath, canker sores, gum disease and more, according to the comment on the tube. I am able to purchase it from the dentist and wouldn't go back to regular toothpastes for the world. I am almost 82 and blessed to have my own teeth still. Sorry to be so long-winded, but "try it, you might like it!" (01/04/2006)

By Mary from GA

Blister Inside My Mouth

I coated a blister with milk of magnesia (dipped a q-tip in it and applied to blister). This seemed to soothe it, and it did heal quickly. Hope you're feeling better soon. (01/04/2006)

By Lori

Blister Inside My Mouth

Try touching the area with a q-tip dipped in hydrogen peroxide, hold it to area-clears most up quickly. Or paint sore (or rinse mouth) with Maalox type liquid antacid. (01/04/2006)

By Babs

Blister Inside My Mouth

My dad was an MD. When I was a kid I used to get those canker sores and he would put silver nitrate on it. It sort of cauterizes it so it doesn't hurt anymore. I was told years later that the sores indicate a lack of vitamin C. You might want to try to increase your fruit/fruit juice intake or take it in a supplement form. (01/04/2006)

By L T

Blister Inside My Mouth

Salt water or baking soda water is what I would try, it's probably just a canker sore. (01/04/2006)

By Barbie

Blister Inside My Mouth

My daughter also gets them from a lack of vitamin C. We used Oragel to deaden the pain while they healed and vitamin C tablets until she was well enough to eat oranges. Love and Prayers. Linda (01/04/2006)

By lindaljh1

Blister Inside My Mouth

Canker soars are caused from a lack of L-Lysine an amino acid the body stops making as we age. Every one is different. My Throat Dr. told me to take it. I thought he meant when I got the sore, but no, every day. Talk to your Health Food Store Manager. I used to have them every 3 weeks, no more. Once in awhile one will pop out, I take l,000 mg. when that happens. Not contagious. Good luck. (01/04/2006)

By Juanita, Homewood, Il.

Blister Inside My Mouth

I believe like the others its a canker sore. I get them sometimes too, and they are very painful. What I have discovered is if I put salt directly on the sore, it will kill it. It will sting like the devil for a couple of minutes, but once that done, it usually does not hurt anymore and heals quickly. Good Luck. (01/05/2006)

By Becky

Blister Inside My Mouth

Gargle a few times a day for a couple of days with mouthwash. It will burn a little, but you will notice a big difference after just a few garglings. Good luck! (01/06/2006)

By clt123

Blister Inside My Mouth

I used to get them all the time, then my doctor told me to eat any yogurt, a few times a month. Have not had one in fifteen years. (01/07/2006)

By Mary

Blister Inside My Mouth

I agree that it sounds like a canker sore, which should go away on it's own; however, if it persists, I'd suggest you see your doc. (01/12/2006)

By Claudia- MD

Blister Inside My Mouth

See a dentist if it last more than 5 days. (02/26/2006)

By barbaglia

Blister Inside My Mouth

Go to the drug store and get KANKA for canker sores. They last 7 to 10 days. You can also use Campho-phenic to numb the pain so you can eat. I've heard a thousand stories on these things. Strong acid (pineapple) causes them, mouth injuries (hot pizza), secondary infection due to a cold, stress. My dentist claims it's in the herpes family, so you can pass it on to your close friends. (01/15/2007)

Blister Inside My Mouth

I know the remedy, it's simple, and works 99.9%, for me has worked 100%. Just take a Vitamin B complex tablet once a day until the blister is gone. Usually more than 1/2 of it will be gone with 1 tablet. So no visits to dentists, no surgeries, nothing! Don't know why and how it works, but my parents have been doing this for us since our childhood and it works. I am myself a parent now. (02/20/2008)

By Radha

Blister Inside My Mouth

I too get clear blisters in my mouth-even thou I brush often and try to keep my mouth clean. I use a little bit of hydrogen peroxide, making sure not to swallow any, swish around for about a minute and rinse well. Works pretty good for me. (07/31/2008)

By Dorothy

Blister Inside My Mouth

I'm Hispanic, so I don't know if anyone has heard of a way to get rid of blister that my grandma taught me.
You have to add salt to hot water or really warm water, warm enough to put it in your mouth, then you just swish for a minute or so and spit it out do this several times. (09/04/2008)

By Jessica

Blister Inside My Mouth

It might be a blocked salivary gland. I would get one on the roof of my mouth and could 'pop' it just to have saliva (water) come out (a drop or so). It kept coming back but that's what my doctor told me it was. (09/12/2008)

Blister Inside My Mouth

The random bumps on the inside of lips and cheeks, assuming they are not open sores, are actually spit glands. They can feel a bit like a cyst and tend to go away and come back as they please. Rubbing them will make them swell a little but they are not harmful. (10/21/2008)

Blister Inside My Mouth

This sounds like oral herpes simplex 1. (01/12/2009)

By TK

Blister Inside My Mouth

Herpangina - Its not herpes, or viral, but an infection. It usually occurs in children often accompanied by fever. But I'm 19 and I still get them, through often without a fever. They do hurt, but will go away in time. So for those who are worried, these are NOT herpes, type 1, 2 or 3.

Disinfecting it will help dissipate the pain. Try not to gnaw at it, and attempt to not lick at it. Coxsackieviruses and other enteroviruses are present both in the stool and in the respiratory secretions. Rinse out your mouth when you feel necessary, I use Scope, it gets rid of the pain for a couple of hours for me, but it varies with the person's body. Get plenty of fluids and you should be good in no time. (01/16/2009)

By Krystal G

Blister Inside My Mouth

If it is on the inside of your mouth it is a canker sore and it is not contagious. They are more frequent in women and people who are in their teens or twenties. Just try not to bite it or agitate it and it will go away within a couple of days to a week. If not then seek your doctor's opinion. (01/20/2009)

By Sheena

Blister Inside My Mouth

I just got a clear blister inside my mouth (hence the reason I am looking it up now) right where I accidentally bite the inside of my lip when I am chewing food. I rinsed my mouth with straight peroxide twice within 5 minutes. The blister went away within 10 minutes! (02/14/2009)

By Tanya

Child holding lip down to show blister on inner lip
Treating a Blister Inside My Mouth
Cleaning a Retainer
Cleaning a Retainer
A woman in pain wearing dentures.
Remedies for Pain from Wearing Dentures
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🎉
🎄