Blister Inside My Mouth

I have a little blister looking thing on the side of my mouth were my teeth are. It's right below my wisdom tooth, but it's on the inside of my gum, not the outside. It's been there for almost 6 months. I always pop it and it always comes back about 1 week later. It's very small, but I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone help?

By Amiee123 from Mississippi, LB

Answers:

Blister Inside My Mouth

I had one of those as well, for about 8 months. It finally went away. Never did know what it was, or why I had it. A dentist can probably tell you. (04/07/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Blister Inside My Mouth

If it's by the wisdom tooth and hasn't gone away for 6 months, chances are that it may be an abscess. Better see a dentist just to be safe. If it is an abscess, you're probably going to need antibiotics. I know that lots of people don't like to take them, but an infection this close to the brain can really be dangerous if not treated. (04/12/2009)

By susanmajp

Blister Inside My Mouth

Get it checked just in case, then try the home remedies.

Marg from England. (04/12/2009)

By jehosophat jones

Blister Inside My Mouth

My dental hygienist suggested using Listerine mouthwash on a cotton ball and putting it against the blister to let it soak in. It should help kill germs and reduce the size (I used the Listerine strips and that worked). The dentist told me that some citrus fruits may cause blisters, so maybe you should avoid them for a while. Good luck. (04/13/2009)

By awanawr

Blister Inside My Mouth

6 months? Hey gal, what are you waiting for? Run, don't walk to see a doctor. I'm not trying to scare you, but many times a medical issue can be taken care of before it gets too late. You've had plenty of time to take care of it yourself. Don't waste any more precious time. I wish you well. (04/15/2009)

By kidena

Child holding lip down to show blister on inner lip
Treating a Blister Inside My Mouth
Cleaning a Retainer
Cleaning a Retainer
A woman in pain wearing dentures.
Remedies for Pain from Wearing Dentures
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🎉
🎄