Blood Stains on Clothing

Any idea how to remove set blood stains from poly/cotton material? My daughter's expensive tennis shorts may be ruined!

Thanks.
Antdona from Southern, WV

Answers:

Blood Stains on Clothing

Of course set stains are a real pain, but if they are white you might have a chance. Believe it or not, saliva works to break down blood proteins, so try that first. Then you might try hydrogen peroxide. I cleaned a white mattress by this method and you can not even tell where the stain was. Good luck! (04/05/2006)

By The Thrifter

Blood Stains on Clothing

Have you tried useing oxy clean? just follow the directions on the jar. (04/05/2006)

By Madeline

Blood Stains on Clothing

Try soaking it overnight in cold water and lots of salt. It's worked for me before. (04/05/2006)

By Lorraine

Blood Stains on Clothing

Adolf meat tenderizer suppossedly works wonders, I wonder if other brands would do the same. (04/05/2006)

By melody_yesterday

Blood Stains on Clothing

Two words... Oxy Clean! This is a miracle product that has removed lots of stains that I would not have thought that it would work on. I soak lots of items in it to remove stains, including baby clothes that have poopy stains, a bedspread that had a blood stain on it, etc. It contains a form of hydrogen peroxide, so it should be effective in removing blood stains from tennis shorts. The cleaner does not contain chlorine bleach, so it won't harm the colors of clothing. (04/05/2006)

By P.

Blood Stains on Clothing

This is a tried and true formula from the old Tightwad Gazette book that I've used before on old blood stains and it worked great.

Add one cup of powdered Cascade and Clorox II to five gallons of the hottest water you can draw from your tap. Soak items overnight and launder as usual. Great for removing food stains too, but don't use on delicate fabrics or fabrics that aren't colorfast. You can store this and reuse it if you like.

Hope this helps! (04/05/2006)

By mef1957

Blood Stains on Clothing

I'm not sure what "tennis shorts" are and you didn't say what color they were. If they are white - Peroxide. That's what we used in the nursing home when we got blood on our uniforms. (04/05/2006)

By got2bcristi

Blood Stains on Clothing

Yeah, I have used peroxide for years on my whites. It just bubbles the stain away! I have also found that "shout" works well for lots of stains around here. I buy the kind that has the brush built in to the top and it saves time. (04/05/2006)

By katieandjeffy

Blood Stains on Clothing

If the shorts are colored, try OxyClean. (04/05/2006)

By Jill from Iowa

Blood Stains on Clothing

If it's simply a blood stain, soak it in cold water before washing. (04/06/2006)

By Joankay

A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, great to use to remove blood stains.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothing and Fabric
young medical professional holding sign- Blood Donors Wanted
Donating Blood
Blood Oranges on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Blood Oranges
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎉
🎄