Blood Stains on Clothing

Please help! My favorite skirt got blood on it. It's 100% cotton and khaki in color. The stain remover (ERA) isn't doing anything. I hope you can help me. Thank you for your time all the same.

By Elizabeth from Oswego, NY

Answers:

Blood Stains on Clothing

Personally, I would try Shout or Resolve to get the stain out. You can try this thriftyfun.com, but I don't know how successful it will be. (08/18/2010)

By Suntydt

Blood Stains on Clothing

When I get blood on clothes at work, I soak them in an old, clean bowl with cold water (the stained part only), then pour peroxide straight on, and scrub the fabric well. Run it under the tap with flowing, cold water. Then I wash in cold water only. Be sure to check the stain out before putting in the dryer. You may have to repeat several times, but it has always worked for me. (08/19/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

Blood Stains on Clothing

Peroxide is a miracle on blood stains. Put it on, let it soak and it'll be gone! (08/24/2010)

By PainterLee

Blood Stains on Clothing

I use a mix of 1/3 water, 1/3 hydrogen peroxide, and 1/3 clear dish washing liquid. I usually have to spray and leave it sit for a while, spray again and let it sit. I sometimes have to spray it 4 or 5 times before it all disappears. I then wash the clothing as usual and the stain is gone. It also works for many other stains, juice, grass, etc. (08/24/2010)

By marysescapades

Blood Stains on Clothing

The best way I know to remove a blood stain is to get to it as soon as possible and rinse in cool water (hot water sets the stain), then put a few drops of Ivory dish soap on the stain and scrub the material together until you can see the stain start to disappear. Repeat until the stain is gone. Good luck! :) (09/01/2010)

By crazymissmary :)

A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, great to use to remove blood stains.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothing and Fabric
young medical professional holding sign- Blood Donors Wanted
Donating Blood
Blood Oranges on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Blood Oranges
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎉
🎄