Blue Jeans Planter

I would like directions to make planter/flower pot out of old blue jeans.

cookie1018 from Louisiana

Answers:

Blue Jeans Planter

Take 4 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar. Cook till water is clean let cool. Put into a pail and dunk your 24 months bib coverall into the pail. Then you take plastic bags and stuff with newspaper and put into the coveralls mold the shape you want. Then you let sit until stiff for 24 hours.

Spray with protective coating until water proofed, usually 6 coats will do. You can spray them with a black paint and then a gold spray paint and then rub off some of the gold to give it an antique look.

Couple of notes: some people use starch instead of sugar, and if you use sugar, be sure to water seal inside and out because the sugar will attract bugs.

BTW, I found this information by googling it and I think I'm going to try it myself too!
(02/21/2007)

By trishaj

Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Recycled Jeans Planters
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Geraniums in old wheelbarrow planter.
Making a Wheelbarrow Planter
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
🎉
🎄