Blue Stains in My Toilet

What are the blue stains in my toilet bowl?

Eva from Los Angeles

Answers:

Blue Stains in My Toilet

Do you have a drop in toilet bowl cleanser in the tank? Not sure if
that would cause a stain or not. But if you ever see a pink stain
around the bowl rim it just means it needs a disinfectant cleanser. (11/11/2006)

By Ariela

Blue Stains in My Toilet

I this might be your problem. Hard water deposits can accumulate on the sides of the toilet bowl. Then if you clean the toilet using something like Vanish, which turns the water blue, it can cling to the mineral build-up on the bowl. Kohler does not recommend using Vanish. To get rid of these stains, you can try some muriatic acid (diluted of course.) You only need about a 10% solution. Be very careful so you don't burn your skin or eyes if it splashes; wear rubber gloves and eye protection. The brush you use with the muriatic acid should not have any metal that can come in contact with the acid in the toilet. There are brushes available that do not use heavy wire to hold the bristles. A good toilet bowl cleaner is Zep available from Home Depot. This is a good alternative to the muriatic acid. (11/12/2006)

By Dennis

Blue Stains in My Toilet

Hi,

If you have copper piping and your water is a little acidic, then it will slowly break down the copper, leaving blue stains in the toilet or sink and will sometimes plug your shower head. Try some CLR (calcium, lime, rust remover) or a similar cleaner. It should take away the blue stain, but sometimes, depending on how long its been in contact with the surface, it may just lighten it. But it's worth a try! (11/13/2006)

By siva38

Blue Stains in My Toilet

I think Dennis is right on. I too had this problem. And I was using Vanish. If the products he mentioned don't remove the hard water deposits, you can buy a pumice stone from Lowe,s or Home Depot. They won't damage the porcelain and they work great. (11/14/2006)

By nana6x