Bobbin Case Stuck on a Singer Sewing Machine

view of bobbin
If the bobbin has become stuck on your Singer sewing machine, you may need to have it repaired professionally. This is a guide about bobbin case in singer machine stuck.

So I was sewing and the thread got bunched up, the bobbin case or basket had moved. I don't know what to do, I'm super new to sewing and I'm not sure what I'm doing.

It looks like the basket has tuned just a bit and the whole machine is stuck. I tried to remove the basket, but it won't budge and I don't want to forced anything.

Best Answer

More than likely there is a very small bit of thread caught under or at the side of the case - take a strong torch (flashlight) and shine the light into the area - you're looking for a VERY tiny bit of 'fluff' waving at you. If you can see that, use a pair of tweezers to pluck the bit out.

If you don't find that bit of waving fluff, you need to take your machine to a repair tech - he/she will have the tools and knowledge to safely remove the bobbin case, clean and/or make any repairs/adjustments, and as a bonus may be willing to carefully explain what happened and how to prevent it happening again.

I teach Sewing 101 to complete sewing newcomers here in Scotland but lived in the US and taught there as well. I also do repair and refurbishment on student machines. Please, please, please believe me - if you cannot find the piece of fluff causing your problem, you MUST take your machine to a professional. Do not try anything more than the torch and tweezer fix I have suggested unless you're looking to kill your machine or incur higher repair costs when you do take it to a professional. Please:)

Best Answer

I agree with Frugal Sunnie. It is likely a piece of thread stuck in there. I don't suppose you have a friend who is an experienced sewer who could look at your machine for you? I guess not, or you would have asked her instead of asking for hints online!! If you did, I would have her check it out if you didn't find the thread yourself, before you take it in to get fixed.

My friend has a Singer 1030 Creative Fashion sewing machine and the bobbin or case isn't moving at all?

By Christine

Best Answer

I'm including a link to the owner's manual for that machine-your friend should look at page 66 for where and how to clean the bobbing housing. There is probably lint or a piece of thread caught in the area just behind the drop-in. A small paint brush or sewing machine lint brush will fit in there and knock the lint, etc, forward so that it can be removed-refer to the illustration on page 66:

http://www.sing  6c41dc3cb14f.pdf

Be patient, that manual is the slowest loading one I've seen yet on the Singer download page. And then scrolling through it is a pain too, she might want to print it out to make using it a lot easier!

If that doesn't help, then something is wrong inside the machine (usually the bobbin gear) and should be looked at by a technician who understands these vintage Singers.

If the link takes your friend to the 'download page' instead of straight to the pdf, all she has to do is read down the list until she finds her model and the free download link; if it takes her to the search page, just key in '1030' and the download page will come up.

I usually print the manuals out and put them into a three ring binder for easier use.

I have a Singer Touch & Sew #625. I have set the time (I thought), but in doing that I found the bobbin case won't turn to pick up the top thread. While looking inside the machine, it looks like 2 gears under the handwheel are not engaging. I assume this keeps the bobbin case from turning. Any suggestions?