Boil Eggs With Potatoes or Macaroni for Salad

Ever make potato or macaroni salad only to remember you forgot to boil the eggs? I always toss the eggs in with the potatoes or macaroni and boil at the same time.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO WASH THE EGGS COMPLETELY BEFORE PUTTING IN THE PAN!

This is the only way I can ever have boiled eggs AND potatoes/macaroni at the same time. Again, don't forget to wash the eggs first!

Source: I didn't find this anywhere, just made sense when I stopped to think about how I could avoid this problem every time.

By Sandie from Curtice, OH

Answers:

Boil Eggs With Potatoes Or Macaroni For Salad

I would think that the calcium that leaches from the shells and would be absorbed would be an added plus to the macaroni or potatoes. Good idea. (05/15/2008)

By

Great idea! Thanks a lot. (05/15/2008)

By bailegirl

Every time I'm tempted to do this I remember when I caught Salmonella, how painful it was, how very long it lasted, how NOTHING but antibiotics would heal it, and finally how I caught it: boiling eggs with potatoes! Boiling kills a lot of things, but not everything, and there are bacteria, molds, viruses, and mutant strains of things that live in WHITE HEAT, the hottest heat anywhere, so this gives us a good idea to not totally depend upon cooking to kill everything.

God bless and keep you. : )

Editor's Note: Salmonella can be found in raw or undercooked eggs. Pasteurized eggs are one way to prevent this. For more information, here is a website.

http://www.cdc.gov/nczved/dfbmd/disease_listing/salmonellosis_gi.html#7 (05/16/2008)

By Lynda

I do this trick also, but for the potatoes, I add the eggs the last 10 minutes or so, since eggs don't take as long as potatoes do to cook. (05/16/2008)

By KLJohn

What a clever idea! I forget to boil my eggs all of the time. Do you ever have trouble with the eggs breaking when you place them into the boiling water for the macaroni? With potatoes, the water would start out cool and so the eggs would heat up with the potatoes. Do you set the timer to pull the eggs out before the potatoes are cooked completely? (05/20/2008)

By amazon13

You're right. that's so easy. I have always done that and it saves time and extra pots to clean. (05/20/2008)

By <onica</p>

Boil Eggs With Potatoes for Salad
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Chef Salad
Chef Salad Recipes
Macaroni Salad With Chopped Peppers on Top
Macaroni Salad Recipes
Chicken Macaroni Salad
Chicken Macaroni Casserole Recipes
🎉
🎄