Bolens Riding Mower Won't Start

Category Tools
A riding lawnmower in the grass.
This is a guide about Bolens mower won't start. Determining the reason why your mower is not starting can be a challenge.

I have a Bolens riding lawn mower that has been sitting for a while. I pulled the old gas out and recharged the battery. For some reason the engine will not turn over. It tries to, but doesn't seem to have the power to go all the way over. Any suggestions?

Answers

Best Answer

Not quite sure what model or type you have but here are some feedback from some who own a Bolens Riding Mower.

They said issue could be anywhere from:

- Weak battery

- Loose wire connection

- Solenoid

- Spark Plugs

- And so forth

Reference: http://www.shop … uestions/1075675

I have a Bolens mower. When starting, the flywheel turns rapidly, but the mower won't crank. Help please.

By Brad

Best Answer

You need a let for the flywheel that's why it turns and no crank most likely. Hope that helps you.

I have a 2003 Bolens riding mower, model #13AN683G163 which will not start. This began over a year ago, when I thought it was the battery. I replaced the battery and the mower started, but the battery would drain and have to be charged to be used again.

This year, it would not start even after charging. I replaced the solenoid, the spark plug, and the gas and air filters. The fuse under the seat is OK, and the gasoline is new. I have cleaned and lubricated what I believe is the starter, which is on the side of the engine, and often the mower does start.

Now, however, when I turn on the key, the flywheel turns a little, but the mower does not start. I have checked schematics online and even called Bolens, but I cannot find a starter, and Bolens has told me that there is no part called the starter. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Sounds like your push rods are not adjusted right.

Bolens Co. just makes the lawnmower not the engine Briggs & Stratton does. Try to get ahold of a parts store and get the serial number off the engine and send it in to the parts store and get the starter that goes to the engine.

I have a Bolens 13.5 HP lawn tractor with B&S engine. When trying to start it, all I am getting is a clicking sound; similar to a car with a low battery. I have charged the battery to a full 12 volts, but no luck, still clicking. The tractor is only 3 years old. Any suggestions for what I can do? Thanks.

Anonymous

Starter is shot

I changed the deck belt on my Bolens yard tractor and now the mower will not crank. Sometimes I get a clicking sound and others I get the growl as the motor tries to spin. It doesn't seem to get enough speed to turn completely over. I took the belt off, charged the battery fully and it cranked. I replaced the belt and it does the same thing, clicks or growls as the motor tries to turn over, but it never fully starts.

My Bolens MTD 13.5 Briggs and Stratton engine starts, but floods out after about 2 minutes. I take it off choke after starting, but it floods out. I replaced the fuel filter, hoses, battery, and spark plug, and it has fresh fuel as well. It ran OK a week prior so I'm not sure what happened. It is a 2 year old machine BTW. Do I need to clean the carb, or replace? Thanks.

By G Hunter

If there is an inline fuse from ignition switch to starter on a Bolens 13.5 h.p. riding mower, where is it located?

By Mike

My Bolens riding lawn mower was working great til I hit a low spot with longer grass. It got really loud then shut off. When I tried to start it, it will start turning over then pop really loudly a couple times then smoke. What happened?

By Megan

My Bolens tractor won't start. I need to push some snow. It turns over, but won't start up. Last time I had to hit the starter to get it to fire up. Any suggestions?

By Ethan R.