Borax for Fleas

I would like information on killing fleas with borax.

By Kuni from Johannesburg

Answers:

Borax for Fleas

It didn't work for me. My vet has prescribed Comfortis and it works like a charm. Or you can buy the once-a-month treatment like "Advantage", etc. without a prescription and use it. It will work also. (11/10/2010)

By Stngray

Borax for Fleas

We used borax for two decades. We never had a problem or a flea. I strained the powder through a mesh strainer to break up the clumps. Then sprinkle it on all the carpet and sweep it in with a broom. Don't vacuum for two weeks. After a few treatments, it will last over a year. I had an old Hoover vacuum, not these new super suckers. I would think it is the residual powder under the carpet that makes this work so well and long. This was recommended to me by my exterminator who was leaving my area. We did not have cats, but we had three babies. I also used Adams flea shampoo. I recently found you could purchase it by the gallon. That's the way to go. (12/17/2010)

By suzec58986

Borax for Fleas

I would be careful with borax or any other product not listed for pest control use. Yes it's natural and yes it is safe when used as directed, but it is too easy to over treat when we think something is so very safe.
(01/02/2011)

By The Bug Dr

Magnified Image of a Flea against a white background
Using Borax for Fleas
Borax powder, with a measuring cup and spray bottle.
Cleaning With Borax
Borax
Buying Borax
Sand Flea on sand
Borax vs. Salt for Fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎉
🎄