Small Kitchen AppliancesAppliances

Breadmaker b2300 Paddles Won't Turn

The last time I used the machine everything worked fine, but now the paddles won't turn when the cycle begins. I can turn them by hand; no problem. How can I fix this? My machine is a Black and Decker all in one B2300.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Your problem could be a broken or thrown drive belt on your machine. Check your drive belt by unplugging your machine, turning it on its side, and use a screwdriver to take out the screws on the bottom panel. Look for the belt that runs between two pulleys. There should be a large pulley and a smaller one. If the belt has slipped off it should be easy to reset back on the pulley. However, if the belt is broken or has a small crack in the belt, it needs to be replaced.

According to this blog post, there is a clip that attaches the paddle and can come loose. This person reattached it and got the machine working again.

On the black & Decker B2300 the paddle turning mechanism are held on with a ring clip...one day I found one of the mixing paddles wasn't turning. I stopped the machine and had a look at the underneath of the bread pan and then in the base where the mixer joins to the machine... there were parts in the bottom of the oven chamber(where it drives the mixers, so I reattached the pieces and that part was fine again... I suspect that both of your paddles may be doing the same thing... Tom

Sounds like it could be the belt but you may have to replace it. These are pretty simple machines and only a few screws have to be removed to see if that is your problem.

Here is a link if you no longer have your manual.

https://www.man … 2300.html#manual