Breaker Keeps Tripping

I have an outside vapor light my husband installed on one end of our barn. The light is on a separate breaker with just the light and a plug on it. I have noticed the past few nights after it has been on about 6 hours the light goes out. When I went to check on it the next morning the breaker had tripped.

My husband had put another vapor light on the other end of our barn and it is fine; it also is on a separate breaker. We have a breaker box with about 20 breakers in it and so far none have tripped except the one.

By annie1 from Crosby, TX

Best Answer

Something is causing that breaker to trip-don't take the chance of a fire or electrocution, call a pro in to find out what is wrong.

Maybe it's a bad breaker or the light may be malfunctioning. I would change out the breaker and see if it continues, then I would replace the light if that didn't solve the problem.

It could be a weak breaker. The ballast could be bad. Or there is a short somewhere. Try plugging into another breaker overnight to see if it trips the other breaker.

Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping
Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping
Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalJuly 26, 2011
human hand flipping the switch on the circuit breaker.
Dishwasher Tripping a Circuit Breaker
electrician working on breaker box
Installing a New Circuit Breaker
breaker box
Pool Keeps Tripping Circuit Breaker