Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

I have found an excellent way to brew tea without a tea maker. I have a small 4 cup coffee pot and I put 2 teabags in the carafe and fill the top with cold water. In no time I have tea without boiling water in stove or microwave. Works well for me!

Source: A hairdresser shared this tip with me.

By Elaine from Iowa

Answers:

Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

The only problem here is that the water in the coffee maker isn't boiling - and you must have boiling water to make good tea. Sorry - guess it's because I'm English! (12/04/2008)

By Joankay

Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

I make tea this way all the time. It's doesn't have to boil to be good. I also use my coffee maker for coffee, after cleaning out the flavor of the tea. Saves so much space on your counter top- one appliance.

I fill my pitcher with ice cubes, sweeten my tea, pour tea over the ice. Stir, you got an easy way to make ice tea. Saves lots of time, also. We in the south love our sweeten ice tea year around. (12/04/2008)

By DEE

Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

I do the same thing because the ice tea maker my son bought conked out after only a month. Another thing you could try is to put the tea bags in a container of tap water the night before and let it steep in the fridge. (12/04/2008)

By Edith

Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker

You are right. You have a better cup of tea if the water is boiling but this was a suggestion to help out in a pinch; at work for instance. I guess I didn't know better because just my ancestors came from England! LOL (12/04/2008)

Brew Tea in a Coffee Maker
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Maker
Other Uses for a Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
🎉
🎄