Bridal Shower Gift Ideas

Choosing just the right gift for an upcoming bridal shower can be difficult, there are so many possibilities. This is a guide about bridal shower gift ideas.

December 4, 2009 Flag

When going to a wedding shower, I purchase two sets of booties. I nicely wrap 1 blue bootie and 1 pink bootie. I wrap the 2 booties and put a note in the box. I do not sign the card. The note reads something like this.

Will it be a boy, or
Will it be a girl?
Invite me to your baby
Shower and you will get
The 2nd bootie at that time.

- Anonymous

I have even gone to another city and had it mailed to the address on the RSVP, just so the bride has no idea where it came from. Hard to keep it a secret, but it gets everyone wondering "who sent it". That really throws everyone off.

By Cathy from Plainfield, IL

I've seen this done but with this poem attached:

Here is one little baby shoe,

But one little shoe will never do,

So when you need the other one,

You'll find out then where this came from!

How cute and clever!

I don't know that seems awful presumptuous. What if the couple do not plan to have kids? Or even worse what if they are unable?

I agree with veda815. What if the couple does not want, or can not have children?

August 16, 2007 Flag

If the bride is a good friend, you will know what household items to use in creating your custom-made Kitchen Maid. And today, some couples have joint wedding showers, so you can also build a Kitchen Mate for the husband-to-be. Here's how:

Decorated ironing board kitchen maid gift.

September 24, 2008 Flag

I am looking for some unique bridesmaid's gifts. Does anyone have any ideas? The ages of everyone in the bridal party is 17-26. There are four girls. Do people normally give the maid of honor a slightly better gift? How does this work? Thanks!

Dana from Omaha, NE

I bought a beautiful charming multi gems gold bracelet for my sister who is my maid-of-honor and bracelet watches from Guess for my two bridesmaids.

http://www.parties-planning.com/wedding-planning.html

Have you ever checked out sammoon.com? They have some amazing jewelry and accessary ideas. They have cute necklaces - some are only $5.95 each!! Or look at their luggage. A makeup case is about $6.95. Very inexpensive but very elegant!

I am a wedding florist. I often suggest a beautiful vase that the attendants can use to place their bouquets in on the head table during the reception. It makes a nice keepsake, and isn't something you would buy for yourself.

My gift to my bridesmaids? I'm paying for their dresses (and, if I can afford it, hair and makeup on the day) ... they appreciate not having to spend cash on dresses they're never wearing again!

April 30, 2004 Flag

Do you need a last minute bridal shower or wedding gift and don't have much cash? For the cost of a pack of index cards you can write out all of your favorite recipes and start a recipe collection for your person of honor.

March 12, 2008 Flag

Is it customary to buy a gift for both the Bridal Shower and the wedding? Also, if so, do I get both gifts from the Bridal registry list?

DJ4JC from Washington, IN

If you are invited to the shower and the wedding, you need to buy a gift for both events. It is customary to buy them from the registry or you can give money for the wedding gift.

Yes, it's customary to give to both. And no, the register is just a suggestion. It'll give you an idea of the bride and groom's wants, colors, etc. The gift giver ultimately decides what he/she wants to give. Often several individuals chip in what they can afford to give a nice or monetary gift. More is spent on the wedding than the shower gift usually. Amount is dictated by the area you live in and varies greatly. Don't go over what you can afford though. Where I live, $100 is extremely generous and rarely given, even by the family (except for parents or grandparents) for the wedding.

Sometimes Bridal Showers have a theme. IE Kitchen, Bathroom etc. Then of course you could get something that goes with that theme. You never have to get things from the registry. That is just a suggestion of things the couple wants and needs. You may come up with an idea that is even better that they hadn't thought of. My daughter gave her cousin a recipe box filled with recipes for a shower gift. Some where family related such as the stew you liked when you came for your last visit. Most had little notes attached that gave little stories or where the recipe originated from. This was one of her fav gifts and definitely not on her registry list.

like the web-site but you need 2 post pic's of the items!!!

November 10, 2010 Flag

I just wanted to know if you can give me some tips on what to get the bride:)

By Juliana from Seattle, WA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you have been invited to a shower or wedding you must know somebody that knows what they want or need.

It depends on age and circumstances of bride. Very young - not lived on her own or barely out there bride: be very practical: Appliances, linens, towels, bowl sets, pots and pans, silverware. Some unusual ideas: cookbook, spices or spice kits (Penzey's has excellent spices), set of scissors (I got this as a young bride and loved it), gift certs at practical stores (target, Walmart, etc) and check for bridal registrations. Older, more established brides: more extravagant items such as what you might find at Crate and Barrel, Wms. Sonoma, gift certs, check for bridgal registeries, lingerie.

Frames are always a great bet. Small and fancy to Larger and practical, your bride will have tons of photos once the wedding is over. If you are crafty, make a special frame with crocheting or sewing. I hope this helps. I Googled homemade wedding frames and got tons of ideas.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& ... =homemade+wedding+frames&spell=1

PBP

Check the bridal dept. of your local department stores to see if the bride is registered there. That way you will be able to purchase something she wants and keep within your price range. Most brides today register at a local store.

July 13, 2012 Flag

Many years ago I had a craft magazine that showed how to make a mop bride. Does anyone have the instructions? I remember you use sponges in the hair for curlers and funnels for breasts. I can't remember much other, but I would love to make one of these for a dear friend getting married soon.

By Angie F.

Angie,

I have that craft magazine for I made that mop bride for my daughter's wedding shower back in 1992 so please if you still need those instructions, can you let me know as I have hundreds of magazine's to look through, as I will start with 1992 and work backwards. I think it was in Crafts N' Things magazine, I do have all my magazine's filed by dates so it shouldn't take to long to find but don't want to search if you have found the instructions already and can you give me a time frame as to when you need it?

Thank You,

Elaine

May 11, 2012 Flag

My best friend is getting married and I want to make her something special. I want to make something for her from a piece of my veil. It has lace and bead work on it. I have thought of a hanky, but can't figure out how to do it. Any gift suggestions or ideas on the hanky?

By Sarah C.

Cut material in small rectangle and fold in half. Turn fabric inside out and sew each side. Fill it with potpourri and tie with ribbon from the bridesmaids. She can put in dresser to make clothes smell good and refill scent when needed.

September 20, 2007 Flag

Buy a nice basket or ceramic jar and fill it full of all sorts of kitchen cooking utensils. I had someone do this for me and I appreciated it so much.

December 27, 2004 Flag

If you're having a hard time thinking of a shower gift for the bride-to-be, a good present might be a gift wrapping center. Get one of those tall storage containers for the long roll wrap, add some bows, scissors, tape, etc. By June S.

Weddings Wedding ShowerSeptember 5, 2012
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower, Tiffany's gift box.
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower
tea sandwiches
Bridal Shower Food Ideas
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Bridal Shower Ideas, Bridal Shower
Bridal Shower Ideas
🎉
🎄