Browsing: Bridal Shower Gift Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Bridal Shower Gift Ideas

Choosing just the right gift for an upcoming bridal shower can be difficult, there are so many possibilities. This is a guide about bridal shower gift ideas.

Bridal Shower Gift Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 4, 2009 Flag

When going to a wedding shower, I purchase two sets of booties. I nicely wrap 1 blue bootie and 1 pink bootie. I wrap the 2 booties and put a note in the box. I do not sign the card. The note reads something like this.

Will it be a boy, or
Will it be a girl?
Invite me to your baby
Shower and you will get
The 2nd bootie at that time.

- Anonymous

I have even gone to another city and had it mailed to the address on the RSVP, just so the bride has no idea where it came from. Hard to keep it a secret, but it gets everyone wondering "who sent it". That really throws everyone off.

By Cathy from Plainfield, IL

August 16, 2007 Flag

Decorated ironing board kitchen maid gift.This is adorable! If the bride is a good friend, you will know what household items to use in creating your custom-made Kitchen Maid. And today, some couples have joint wedding showers, so you can also build a Kitchen Mate for the husband-to-be. Here's how:

Instructions:

1. Begin with an ironing board to be the body of the Maid or Mate.
  2. Tie an apron with pockets around the middle to make a waist. Fill them with smaller kitchen items, utensils or tools.
  3. Attach a plunger on one side of the back of the ironing board as an arm and a toilet bowl brush or feather duster as the other arm.
  4. Add a dustpan at the wide end of the ironing board for feet or set the ironing board on top of a vacuum and bind with several elastic cords under the apron (as we did in the photo).
  5. Secure a string mop as the head of hair to the back of the ironing board with the mop portion flopped over the top narrow end of the ironing board.
  6. Create a face with nylon net scrubbies for the eyes, a small sponge for the nose and a nailbrush for the mouth.

Use your imagination to make this an amusing, but useful, addition to the wedding shower party. Just remember to make the Kitchen Maid or Mate with anything you think the bride or groom will need for their new life together.

By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

September 24, 2008 Flag

I am looking for some unique bridesmaid's gifts. Does anyone have any ideas? The ages of everyone in the bridal party is 17-26. There are four girls. Do people normally give the maid of honor a slightly better gift? How does this work? Thanks!

Dana from Omaha, NE

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I bought a beautiful charming multi gems gold bracelet for my sister who is my maid-of-honor and bracelet watches from Guess for my two bridesmaids.

http://www.parties-planning.com/wedding-planning.html

Have you ever checked out sammoon.com? They have some amazing jewelry and accessary ideas. They have cute necklaces - some are only $5.95 each!! Or look at their luggage. A makeup case is about $6.95. Very inexpensive but very elegant!

I am a wedding florist. I often suggest a beautiful vase that the attendants can use to place their bouquets in on the head table during the reception. It makes a nice keepsake, and isn't something you would buy for yourself.

My gift to my bridesmaids? I'm paying for their dresses (and, if I can afford it, hair and makeup on the day) ... they appreciate not having to spend cash on dresses they're never wearing again!

After looking around and reading your posts, I think I am going to give them a tote bag with their name on it and either put some spa stuff or like a bridesmaid survival kit in there or possibly both, depends on money. I also got them their jewelry for the wedding day and an interest free loan on their dresses and shoes. I couldn't afford to completely cover the cost of their dresses but could loan them the money. Thanks for all the posts. If there are any other ideas, please feel free to post. I don't need these until the beginning of next year so I might change my mind between now and then. I am trying to stay ahead of myself to keep my sanity. :)

April 30, 2004 Flag

Do you need a last minute bridal shower or wedding gift and don't have much cash? For the cost of a pack of index cards you can write out all of your favorite recipes and start a recipe collection for your person of honor.

March 12, 2008 Flag

Is it customary to buy a gift for both the Bridal Shower and the wedding? Also, if so, do I get both gifts from the Bridal registry list?

DJ4JC from Washington, IN

If you are invited to the shower and the wedding, you need to buy a gift for both events. It is customary to buy them from the registry or you can give money for the wedding gift.

Yes, it's customary to give to both. And no, the register is just a suggestion. It'll give you an idea of the bride and groom's wants, colors, etc. The gift giver ultimately decides what he/she wants to give. Often several individuals chip in what they can afford to give a nice or monetary gift. More is spent on the wedding than the shower gift usually. Amount is dictated by the area you live in and varies greatly. Don't go over what you can afford though. Where I live, $100 is extremely generous and rarely given, even by the family (except for parents or grandparents) for the wedding.

Sometimes Bridal Showers have a theme. IE Kitchen, Bathroom etc. Then of course you could get something that goes with that theme. You never have to get things from the registry. That is just a suggestion of things the couple wants and needs. You may come up with an idea that is even better that they hadn't thought of. My daughter gave her cousin a recipe box filled with recipes for a shower gift. Some where family related such as the stew you liked when you came for your last visit. Most had little notes attached that gave little stories or where the recipe originated from. This was one of her fav gifts and definitely not on her registry list.

like the web-site but you need 2 post pic's of the items!!!

I have actually been told that it is customary for the gift to cost at least as much as the meals cost for the guests in your family. However, it is really hard for a middle class person like me to afford a gift like that if the related bride and groom are paying $125.00 a plate! But anyways, I was told that that is the general rule for wedding gifts.

November 10, 2010 Flag

I just wanted to know if you can give me some tips on what to get the bride:)

By Juliana from Seattle, WA

If you have been invited to a shower or wedding you must know somebody that knows what they want or need.

It depends on age and circumstances of bride. Very young - not lived on her own or barely out there bride: be very practical: Appliances, linens, towels, bowl sets, pots and pans, silverware. Some unusual ideas: cookbook, spices or spice kits (Penzey's has excellent spices), set of scissors (I got this as a young bride and loved it), gift certs at practical stores (target, Walmart, etc) and check for bridal registrations. Older, more established brides: more extravagant items such as what you might find at Crate and Barrel, Wms. Sonoma, gift certs, check for bridgal registeries, lingerie.

Frames are always a great bet. Small and fancy to Larger and practical, your bride will have tons of photos once the wedding is over. If you are crafty, make a special frame with crocheting or sewing. I hope this helps. I Googled homemade wedding frames and got tons of ideas.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& ... =homemade+wedding+frames&spell=1

PBP

Check the bridal dept. of your local department stores to see if the bride is registered there. That way you will be able to purchase something she wants and keep within your price range. Most brides today register at a local store.

July 13, 2012 Flag

Many years ago I had a craft magazine that showed how to make a mop bride. Does anyone have the instructions? I remember you use sponges in the hair for curlers and funnels for breasts.

Load More
Weddings Wedding ShowerSeptember 5, 2012
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower, Tiffany's gift box.
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower
tea sandwiches
Bridal Shower Food Ideas
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Bridal Shower Ideas, Bridal Shower
Bridal Shower Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 22, 2016 at 11:04:09 AM on 10.0.0.181 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.