Broken Glass Cooktop

I broke the smooth glass on my cooktop. Anywhere I can buy a cheap replacement? Or do I have to replace the whole thing (cooktop/oven)?

Linxie from Tampa

Answers:

Broken Glass Cooktop

This also happened to me and it was cheaper to buy a new stove. Mine was from Sears. (06/29/2006)

By Johic1

Broken Glass Cooktop

I wonder if repair or trade-in shops (who save old appliances for parts) would have a used one of the same make. Then you wouldn't have much cost in the top and only for them setting it in. (06/30/2006)

By susanmajp

Broken Glass Cooktop

I just broke the cooktop on our Kenmore elite. We ordered a new glass top for under $400. The repair is easy enough, but when you remove the old top, lift it slowly and watch out. The keypad control panel may lift with it, then fall. Ours did, then came unplugged. Not too bad, except there are 3 places it could plug into and we don't know where it came off! (04/13/2008)

By janeto

Broken Glass Cooktop
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
🎉
🎄