Brown Discoloration on a White Oven

I have a white electric range with a self cleaning oven. When I cleaned the oven it left a brown discoloration on the top of the oven door. Any ideas how I can make the area white again? Fantastic spray cleaner did not work.

Mary from Washington, MO

Brown Discoloration on a White Oven

I scrubbed with everything imaginable on my stove; then one day I was wiping down my whole kitchen with Murphy's Oil Soap, wiped over the yellow-brown stained venting for the oven at the back of my stove burners, and to my amazement the entire stain just wiped away.

Hope it works for you, too.

By slw1299

Brown Discoloration on a White Oven

Boy, I am going to try that as well (the oil soap).

The same thing happened to me, I used everything. The only thing I had a little success with was the ceramic top cleaner that I use for my smooth top.

I called the company and complained to them about it, as the same thing happened to my neighbor, who has the same stove. The company was no help and had no explanation, which I feel was crummy, as I thought those things should be tested for crying out loud. Especially, something that routine. But there you go, they got your money, they don't care. (10/25/2006)

By fauxpaslover

Brown Discoloration on a White Oven
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
Large Scar
Reducing Scar Discoloration