Bucket of Hearts
This is the perfect way to use up scraps of fabric. Fill up a container with these puffy hearts or tuck one away for your loved one to find.
- cardboard (for templates)
- sewing machine
- poly fill
- container (for hearts)
- shredded paper, optional
- Create heart templates on thin cardboard and cut out. Trace them onto the wrong sides of the fabric using a pen. NOTE: Remember that if your hearts aren't symmetrical you will need to flip the template over when tracing the second one of a set.
- Cut out the fabric hearts. Pin a pair of hearts, wrong sides together.
- Sew the hearts together with a 1/4 inch seam, leaving a small opening for stuffing them.
- Use a needle to pull the threads in between the pieces of fabric to hide the knots. Tie off and snip threads.
- Stuff the hearts, using a blunt object to help get the poly fill into the ends of the heart.
- Pin the opening shut and sew it shut. Tie off the ends of the thread and snip off excess.
- Trim off excess fabric around the outside of the seams.
- Fill the container with some shredded paper and then put your hearts inside. :)
- You can also tuck a small heart into your loved one's wallet, eye glasses case, or anywhere you think they will find it!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide