Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

I've woken up with bites all over my legs, so I assume it is bed bugs. I washed all my sheets and pillow cases, and I just recently saw one on me. It was super tiny, barely a centimeter. I tried to push it to death with my finger and it jumped. I'm itching and trying to figure out what the culprit is.

By Sandy from Charlotte, NC

Answers:

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

If you go to google and type in "what do bed bugs look like" you will find pics and other information of the critters and some help in getting rid of them. (11/03/2009)

By foxrun41

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

If they are really bedbugs you may have to toss everything, as they are notoriously difficult to get rid of. Check the mattress, if there are stains, they could be in there. Or do you sleep with your legs out of the covers? Then a flying bug could be the cause, but I don't think so, because they would also attack your head. (11/03/2009)

By pamphyila

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

If they jump, they may be fleas. Look online to see the pictures of bedbugs and fleas. You will then be able to tell which you have. (11/04/2009)

By pcheflm

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

Spray the mattress with insect spray in the morning maybe by bed time it will be OK to sleep on. Also vac it very good. Good luck. (11/04/2009)

By kffrmw88

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

I ended up with scabies and had a heck of a time getting rid of them. I was finally told to wash and dry all the bedding in very hot water (including quilts, etc.). I took them down to the local laundromat, as my appliances couldn't handle that big a load. It was expensive, but worth it. Then I had to buy the bags that completely cover the mattress and pillow cases. I bought mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They are made for bedbug treatment and zip completely closed around the mattress. I also, when the mattress was completely uncovered, sprayed it with Lysol, I slept in a different room for 2 nights. And then I vacuumed the mattress and around the bed. A lot of work, but it did the trick! (11/06/2009)

By Jackie

Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep

Bed bugs look like large ticks and you can kill bed bugs with 90% isopropyl (rubbing alcohol). (11/07/2009)

By wandathome

Human flesh with large read insect bite
Bugs Biting Me In My Sleep
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
🎉
🎄