Bugs Biting Me

Something is biting me on my arms, and I have never seen the bug that bites. I sit or lie on a leather sofa. My floors are tile with an area rug. I have three small dogs that are treated monthly with Revolution.

Two of the dogs are fine, one is having a terrible time scratching. The vet keeps saying allergies, but I no longer believe this to be true because he is getting worse. I see no insects in my house, on the dog or on myself.

I live in southwest Florida and at first thought it was an insect we call Noseeums. The temperatures have dropped along with humidity so the Noseeums are no longer around. I am open to any and all suggestions.

By Wanda C.

Best Answer

Check for bedbugs. They are pretty sneaky and hide a lot. They usually are active at night. Check around the seams on your mattress and box spring and on the underside seams on your sofa. They leave little poop stains where they hang out. They are a pain. Good luck.

My husband and I had gone through the invisible itching and we found the solution. Just a bit of background first We spent a lot of money trying to get to the bottom of it including hiring and environmental engineer to take air samples (to check for asbestos, living organism, infectious bird diseases). We had a bird nesting in our mail box. In the same 2-3 week time window, we got mite bites from a hotel, and we visited some land and had a bunch of deer ticks crawling our bodies. After seeing a dermatologist, getting allergy skin tested for mold, buying a kid's microscope to find the invisibles, having our pet birds tested for bird mites, buying essential oils (lemon, cedar, neem,etc,etc), bringing out 2 pest companies, washing bedsheets/clothes nightly, cleaning, sanitizing, vacuming every day, bombing with cedar, using epsom salts ete etc (hell), we started to wonder why nothing was working and at that point considered that it was coming from within our bodies. With what had happened, we spoke to our Dr about getting testing for Lymes. We both tested positive and I later confirmed with my family doctor that Lymes can manifest itself as itching. 1 year and 9 months later, we started the Buhner protocol (see his book - healing lyme) and have been on it so far for about 6 weeks. Itching is going down for my husband. We both have more energy. Honestly, I cant believe I was as sick as I was. Low energy, itching, memory loss, hearing loss. One note, most Lymes Disease tests are not very accurate and may not detect the disease. I suggest spending the extra money and having the blood test sent to IGenX.