Browsing: Bumps and Lumps on a Dog

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Bumps and Lumps on a Dog

It is disturbing, even frightening to discover a strange bump or lump on your dog while petting her. This is a guide about bumps and lumps on a dog.

An adult labrador dog.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 12, 2015 Flag

My dog has 2 strange lumps on his side. They cause him no discomfort or anything. They are about the size of a pencil eraser and a light pink color. He has a smaller one lower on his side, the same color and shape, just smaller. There are also these really weird patches on his torso everywhere and they are like dry skin patches. I think the patches turn into the bumps, but I am not sure. It is really scary not knowing what they are or how to get rid of them.

light pink bump
Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

As some dogs age they can develop skin tags, fatty tumors, warts, and lipomas. It is best to notice any changes in color and growth and after doing online research as much as possible about each of these mentioned and you feel uncomfortable still, then take your dog to the vet and have it checked out. I do not believe the other problem your dog has is related to any of the above lump issues and for this reason, I'd take the dog to the vet promptly and have both looked at while there.

Cocker Spaniels which we own get fatty tumors and warts when they are six years and above. They've all been benign. When you see tiny clusters or pinkish color warts forming in one area around legs and leg pits, that's when I'd take great concern as one of my dog's had cancer and it was removed only to reappear w/i a year and we had to have the dog put down as he was experiencing pain and a second surgery was out of the question as cancer had advanced internally.

I believe it's always better to be safe than sorry and get a professional's diagnosis more than an opinion in regards to a pet's skin changes and you get peace of mind to a degree.

Read More Answers...

August 7, 2016 Flag

My Boston Terrier pup has a large red bump right at the end of his nose. It's gotten bigger it seems like every other day. It's not super hard or soft. It just looks like a really big zit. Any suggestions on what it is?

large pink bump on dog's nose

Cute Boston Terrier.

I'm worried this might be skin cancer. Let a vet biopsy and diagnose this mass.

Read More Answers...

August 25, 2016 Flag

Any advice would be appreciated. My Pit Bull/Mastiff pup had what looked like a couple of bumps on his leg and body. It's been a week now and the bumps on his legs have become hard and clustered. The hair is gone in this area. I am concerned because I am not sure if it is something I should be concerned with. Tank is my baby, and I don't want to risk taking any chances. I made him a vet appointment for tomorrow, but was wondering if I could get some insight from anyone who has experienced this before.

Hard Bumps on Puppy's Leg

April 27, 2016 Flag

My friend and I went to go see about a Craigslist ad for free puppies about a week ago. I had no intention of getting one; I just wanted to go along for the ride. However, upon my arrival, my eye was caught by this beautiful, lazy dark colored puppy sleeping under the front porch rocking chair of the ad placers' home. lump on puppy's Leg

I claim to dislike dogs, but my only legitimate reason is the licking and slobbering. I thought, a lazy dog won't lick and slobber! So I picked the puppy right up and immediately fell in love. See, he was the only dark one in the litter; the rest were white and yellow. The mom is a Great Pyrenees and the dad is a mystery. (Maybe German Shepherd, seeing as Maxx's coloring seems identical to GSD coloring.)

Anyway, we rode in the back seat for an hour back to my town, and I noticed a mat on his leg. When we reached my best friend's house, she and I bathed our puppies and dried them off, giving them each their own bowl of puppy food. We had gone to Walmart and gotten collars and some flea prevention stuff to put on the backs of their necks. I went home, and my mom also fell in love with Maxxavier. She took me to Petco to get all the basics. Later, we went to the vet because we figured with his big potbelly he must have had worms. Which he did. The vet gave him some shots and gave us a complimentary deworming kit, and the next day I could tell Maxx was feeling so much better.

He kept chewing at the mat on his leg, and I figured he was just grooming himself. He eventually chewed all the hair right off, revealing a scab and a little bump under his skin. He won't let me touch it for very long. (By the way, he is 10 weeks old.) Over a few days the bump has grown a little bigger, and he keeps licking at it. My mom said we will take him to the vet when she gets the money for it, but I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure it out. Like I said, there is a scab, so I'm thinking it might just be an infection? It's not a very hard bump, but it moves around under the skin instead of just squishing down when I poke it. Should I try to drain it? Should I call my vet and ask about payment methods? I don't want to let money be the only thing keeping my baby from being comfortable and healthy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Puppy Has a Lump on His Leg Puppy Has a Lump on His Leg

Hi. My cocker spaniel gets the same scabby spots on the more delicate skin like his bell, inner thighs, around his bum (anus). I found the Miracle cream of all creams. It s an antiseptic balm that farmers actually use on cow udders. It is simply called Bag Balm. It comes in green tin. The stuff works! Hope this helps. Tried, tested and true... Been using over two years.

Read More Answers...

July 9, 2016 Flag

I just noticed my female 7 yr old Pit Bull/Lab mix Has what looks like a blood clot tag on her chest right by her front leg. it doesn't seem to cause her and pain. I thought maybe I could just squeeze the blood clot out, but it isn't moving. It is very soft and flattens when you do squeeze it, but it goes right back to being full again after a few seconds. I am wondering if I should be worried about cancer or not?

closeup of tagDog Has Blood Colored Tag on Chest

Hi. Did you happen to get any information regarding the blood filled tag? My pit had one and I just had it removed. The tag was sent into the lab and I'm waiting for a response. I spent countless hours searching for an image or information pertaining to this growth but didn't find much. Because it is pendulous I am pretty sure it is benign. Like you I could lightly squeeze it and the blood would empty but fill again when I let go.

Thanks

Justin

July 9, 2016 Flag

I have noticed a lump on the back of my dog's leg above the paw. The lump is on both legs, but I never noticed it before.

Lump on back of dogs leg above pawLump on back of dogs leg above paw

That is just part of his paw. Totally normal.

May 23, 2016 Flag

My Pit Bull has a large red bump. I need to know what to do. Here's a picture. He won't stop licking it and it was bleeding for a couple days and draining blood and now it's dry but he won't stop licking it.

Large Red Bump on Dog

It appears to be a lick granuloma.

http://www.petmd.com/dog/general-he ... ck_granuloma_a_dermatology_nightmare

Read More Answers...

August 16, 2016 Flag

I saw this thing on my dog and I can't decide if it's a mole or something more serious, does anyone have any insight?

pink bump on dog

May 30, 2016 Flag

I noticed this bump 5 days ago. My dog doesn't seem to notice it or be bothered by it, only when I try to clean it. I have no idea what this could be?

Bump on Dog

Your dog is obviously bothered when you touch the bump so something is wrong. Please take your dog to your vet to check for the possibility of infection, cancer, etc. The sooner the better as some problems can become worse and cost far more in vet costs later on.

July 22, 2014 Flag

It started 3 wks ago and it was the size of a nickel and white, but solid, and now its the size of a quarter and very red. At first my 7 1/2 month old puppy didn't show any signs of discomfort and it was assumed and suggested that it was a bug bite and would go away within a week.

red lump on puppy

Load More
Pets Dogs HealthAugust 3, 2013
bag of sugar
Getting Rid of Lumps in Sugar
Fixing Lumpy Paint
Fixing Lumpy Paint
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 12:34:32 PM on 10.0.0.87 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.