Burn Mark on Countertop

Burn Mark on Countertop

How can I repair or hide burnt/melted Formica on kitchen countertops? I set down a burnt pot on the Formica countertop and it burned and partially melted in some spots the Formica layer. Not very smart of me, I know.

Are there any fixes to conceal the burnt spots besides replacing the Formica countertop? I've attached a picture. The black spots are burnt and melted plastic.

By stam19 from San Diego, CA

Burn Mark on Countertop

I really don't think there is much you can do about it but to paint it. If you follow the directions on this website of people who have painted their counter tops, it should look good as new. I burned mine awhile back too and got a new counter top because I was afraid painting it would not hold up. (03/12/2010)

By Laniegirl

Burn Mark on Countertop
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica