Burnt Flavor in Spaghetti Sauce

How do I use peanut butter to remove the burnt taste from spaghetti sauce?

Rebecca from Oak Harbor, WA

Answers:

Burnt Flavor in Spaghetti Sauce

The burnt flavor is gone, but it still smells burnt, so the peanut butter took care of half the problem. (11/13/2007)

By Judi

Burnt Flavor in Spaghetti Sauce

I tried the potato and the peanut butter trick. It helped a bit, but not fully. Better than nothing.(12/30/2007)

By Willie

Burnt Flavor in Spaghetti Sauce

It works in homemade soup, also. I just tried it in turkey soup and it worked 100%. (01/20/2008)

By Nola

Burnt Flavor in Spaghetti Sauce

Touchdown! Here it is SuperBowl Sunday and I had a bunch of people coming over for the game and spaghetti. I needed a lot of sauce so I used a cheaper pot (because it was very large) and ended up burning the sauce pretty badly. I had no time to re-fix the meal so I took everyone's advice and it saved the day. I had to put about 5 tablespoons of peanut butter in my sauce because there was so much of it. Thanks for the great advice! (02/03/2008)

By Lizabeth

Burnt Flavor in Spaghetti Sauce

Thanks for the tip. Peanut butter saved my son's birthday dinner! (04/13/2008)

By Christine

Burnt Flavor in Spaghetti Sauce

We just used it to rescue a double batch of lasagna sauce on Christmas day, and it worked like a charm. We ended up adding almost 5 tablespoons of peanut butter to a dutch oven-size pot and while the sauce changed color for sure, no one tasted the peanut butter and no one tasted the burn. I suggest stirring in a tablespoon, waiting about three minutes, then tasting. Repeat this until the burned flavor is gone. This was a great tip, thank you so much! (12/25/2008)

By Mike L.

Close up image of red pasta sauce cooking in pan
Fixing Burnt Flavor in Spaghetti Sauce
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Spaghetti Sauce in Terracota Pot
Spaghetti Sauce Tips and Tricks
Homemade pizaa sauce.
Pizza Sauce Recipes
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎉
🎄