Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

After leaving a small amount of oil to heat up in my Cuisinart frying pan a little bit too long, it left a large black and also brown oil stain. I tried everything suggested on how to remove the oil stain on my stainless steel fry pan and nothing worked. So I decided to try a razor blade scraper.

First I heated the pan slightly; I then applied a small amount of now abrasive powder. Using a gentle pressure I used the scraper and presto the oil stain was removed. It left small fine scratch marks, but it did not alter the cooking or cleanup. And the scratches became almost invisible after a few more usages. Thank goodness the black and brown oil stain was gone.

By Juneyb1 from Mt Dora, FL

Burnt Oil on a Stainless Steel Pan

You can remove burnt oil marks from a stainless steel or aluminum pan much more safely by using a baking soda paste. Mix baking soda and water (just enough to form a paste) in a bowl. Then use either a wash cloth or a scrub brush to apply it to the pan. Scrub and allow the paste to sit. It may take several applications, but eventually it will come off scratch free. (09/24/2009)

By linex_4

A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Pot with burnt residue on the left and the same pot cleaned on the right
Cleaning Burnt Sugar from a Stainless Steel Pot
A stainless steel pan with burnt oil.
Cleaning Burnt Oil From Stainless Steel Pans