Burnt Smell in a House

What product will remove the smell from burnt food in the house? The house is 100 years old with heavily papered walls and ceilings, with a lot of woodwork. I burnt a muffin in my microwave 6 months ago and an odd scent still remains. My son tells me that it smells like "mice". I don't agree with his description, but I agree that it is musty.

By Sandy from Crows Landing, CA

Answers:

Burnt Smell in a House

Boil vinegar in the microwave that should help with it. Also, leave a flat dish of vinegar in the microwave and change daily for about a week. To get the smell out of the house, you might consider opening all the windows and turning on fans to get the breeze blowing.

Also, buy an air cleaner with a HEPA filter. Visit your local Sears and get the best one you can afford. They stock the filters for discontinued styles, so it's a good idea to buy what they're selling. Whatever you do, the smell is lodged in the microwave and needs to be removed first. (01/29/2010)

By cookwie

Burnt Smell in a House
Burnt Food
Removing Burnt Food Smell from House
Burnt Cookie Sheet
Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets
Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎉
🎄