Burnt Stain on a Ceramic Stove

I have a flat top stove that has burnt on 'stuff'. I've tried just about everything on the market, to no avail. Does anyone know of something that will get the black burnt on mess off my stove?

Renee from Middleburg, FL

Answers:

Burnt Stain on a Ceramic Stove

My expert (my husband the appliance tech) suggests using Weiman (brand name) glass stovetop cleaner. This is the only thing you should be using on the ceramic cooktop. It has a very mild abrasive in it, but is made for glass cooktops. You can get it fairly cheap at Walmart. (03/13/2008)

By DEBRADJ.

Burnt Stain on a Ceramic Stove

Try the Magic Eraser they work wonders and won't scratch. (03/13/2008)

By just curious

Burnt Stain on a Ceramic Stove

Baking soda works great for this. Dampen the stove top, sprinkle on the soda and rub. Works better than any commercial cleaner that I've tried and it's cheap and eco-friendly.
(03/14/2008)

By Jean from MS

Burnt Stain on a Ceramic Stove

Have you tried using a razor blade to scrape it off? My stove came with a razor blade holder. Seems like it would damage the stovetop, but it doesn't. (03/17/2008)

By Linda in AL

Burnt Stain on a Ceramic Stove

Oven cleaner won't hurt it, get yourself a single sided razor holder and use that to scrape. It won't scratch the glass, at least it hasn't on the last 3 that we've had. (03/17/2008)

By Ted

Burnt Stain on a Ceramic Stove

Get yourself a small box of laundry detergent called Surf.
Make a thin paste of it with HOT water and put onto the stains/crud. Heat that with a blow dryer and scrape gently with a plastic pot scraper or scrub with a plastic mesh scrubber.

Surf works because of the enzymes in it. The hot water and extra heat activate the enzymes and you can much easier scrape or scrub it off. (03/18/2008)

By Shosha

Burnt Stain on a Ceramic Stove
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Ceramic Stove Top
Repairing Scratches on a Ceramic Stove Top
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎉
🎄