Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

I burnt my stainless steel saucepan making jam, really bad. I rang my mum and she told me to cut up onions and boil it in water. I thought I might share this, as after an hour of boiling, my saucepan is clean and shining again. Hope this helps others.

Cheers, Judy from Australia

Burnt Stainless Steel Pan

One of the best ways I,ve found to clean burnt pans is to fill the pan about 3/4 full with water, add bio washing detergent, bring to the boil and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes, depending how burnt it is. This is the best method that works for me and it's pretty quick. Be sure to wash the pan thoroughly. Hope this helps.

Jan from UK (06/23/2009)

By blackbess

A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
Pot with burnt residue on the left and the same pot cleaned on the right
Cleaning Burnt Sugar from a Stainless Steel Pot
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 19, 2016 at 9:25:26 PM on in 907 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.