Buttermilk Baking Mix

Where can I find buttermilk baking mix? I would like to make the garlic cheese biscuits, but can not find the mix. Please help.

Thanks,
Deb from Largo, FL

Answers:

Buttermilk Baking Mix

Bisquick is probably the most well known brand name of buttermilk baking mix. Jiffy is another. There are also a lot of generic store brands. I just bought Kroger's version. It is sold by the box (sometimes also in small pouches) in the baking aisle with the flour, sugar, muffin mixes etc. in every grocery store I have been in. I have also seen it in Target stores. You should be able to find it anywhere in the USA. If for some reason you can not find it you can make it from scratch:

cooksrecipes.com

cyber-kitchen.com (04/18/2007)

By K

Buttermilk Baking Mix

Here is a recipe for Buttermilk Baking Mix. This is just as good as the store-bought mixes and is cheaper and fresher. I am also sending a recipe for the Cheese-Garlic Biscuits similar to Red-Lobster's.

Buttermilk Baking Mix

• 10-1/2 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup baking powder
  • 1-1/2 Tablespoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups shortening
  • 1 cup buttermilk powder
  • 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients with an electric mixer until particles are small and uniform in size. Store on a shelf in a tightly-covered container. Makes 13 cups mix. Storage life is approximately 3 months.

Cheese-Garlic Biscuits.

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder

PREPARATION:
In mixing bowl, mix together baking mix, milk and cheese until a soft dough forms, then beat vigorously 30 seconds. Drop from spoon onto un-greased baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes.

Mix together butter and garlic powder. Brush over hot biscuits and serve hot. Makes 10 - 12.

AtlantaPat (Pat in Atlanta)

(04/21/2007)

By AtlantaPat

Buttermilk Baking Mix
Buttermilk in a metal cup.
Homemade Buttermilk Recipes
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Substitute for Buttermilk in Recipes
Buttermilk Chicken
Buttermilk Chicken Recipes
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Buttermilk Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄