Buy Bulk Nuts for Baking

If you are planning on baking be sure to buy bulk nuts. You can store any that you don't use in the freezer and you will save a lot of money. In fact, most baking ingredients can be bought in bulk at significant savings and be stored long term either in dry storage or the freezer.

Answers:

Buy Bulk Nuts for Baking

Nuts can go rancid after time. I bought some pecans last year, chopped them and put in a Rubbermaid container thinking it would keep them. Recently, I went to make a salad with them. This brand container didn't keep the nuts from turning, maybe I should have used another brand plastic containers.
So don't assume nuts will keep their flavors, unless you store them in the freezer till shortly before you plan on using them, instead of in the kitchen cabinet, like I did. (04/09/2005)

By badwater

Buy Bulk Nuts for Baking

I buy nuts in bulk all the time but keep them in the freezer. They will keep a long time in an air tight container in the freezer. It's true if you just keep them in the package or a container in the cupboard that they will go rancid.
(04/09/2005)

By Susan from ThriftyFun

Freeze Nuts for Baking
Sticky buns with nuts.
Baking With Nuts
Cracked Pistachio Nuts
Freezing Pistachio Nuts
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Green apple sitting on the lid of a canning jar.
Canning Apples
🎄